lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
RonP
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default The different setting for PDS can someone explain?

hey guys, still messing with the cart everyday. Have it looking pretty good. So today I decided to cruise it some and try the different chips. I don't understand the braking thing.

so with the freedom or stock it has no braking. What does that mean?

On hill and mild hill it has braking. So how do I test this?

Am I correct that the steep hill chip is all about torque to climb the hill? or is something for decending down hills? total noob here.
it supposed to have the most braking, but I didn't notice it or I am looking for the wrong thing.

I have read the manual a couple times but I must be missing something on what he regen braking is.

Also, these performance modes will use more battery power as well right?

Thanks as always.

Oh my batts are bad for sure. i can't ride for more than 10-15 minutes before I get the low voltage beep. Batts next weel or two then I should be good.
RonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: The different setting for PDS can someone explain?

you will notice the different braking modes with the pedal up. in other words when you let off the go pedal the motor slows you down. if you are looking for a change in the brake pedal you will notice nothing. the controller and the actual brakes are not related.

you need to change the batteries before you will be able to get a baseline. to see any real improvements in performance you will need to change the cables to 4ga and upgrade the controller to a 400a or more. this would require a new controller not a different chip.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
RonP
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: The different setting for PDS can someone explain?

Thanks DVR yeah I didn't think it was connected to actual braking, but I wasn't sure how or when you would feel it.

so going down the slope in my back yard, if I let up on the pedal should it slow me down? if so i didn't notice that.

or would it be more noticeable when cruising and then letting up on the pedal?

Cables will be on it next week and then batteries. Not sir eabout a controller yet. this was supposed to be something to just putt around on when I was waiting for my next race at the drag strip. now I can't leave it alone. LOL
RonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO