lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
Grid Cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Curious about EZGO TXT specs (new to golf carts...)

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a currently non-operational EZ-Go TXT, with the intentions of robbing the parts for an electric motorcycle project. The owner says it worked, but now he tries to charge it and it does nothing. I'm trying to go cheap on the motorcycle project, so it'd be great to get a motor, controller, and charger for the cheap price of $200, if they aren't barely-usable, bottom-of-the-barrel components from a performance standpoint.

The ID plate in the glove box is gone. I didn't see any switch on the controller cover, so I assume it doesn't have regen braking (unfortunately). But, I'm wondering what kind of controller it has- I'd really like something of the 300-400A variety, but I think this may have the Curtis 275 amp controller. No matter what, I'd have to get a new controller in order to jump to 48V, correct?

Also, from what I've read, the A95 4005A Advanced DC 36V motor isn't really the best... but it can function on 48V, so it'd probably work for me.

Does anyone know what type of charger it has? Are they worth fixing (if the charger is bad), or are would it be too low-end to waste money on?

Here are some photos... any input is appreciated. Is it worth it for $200?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart s.jpg (82.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg controller s.jpg (114.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg batteries s.jpg (120.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg motor s.jpg (78.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg dash s.jpg (108.8 KB, 21 views)
Grid Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Curious about EZGO TXT specs (new to golf carts...)

Thats a standard series cart with a 275 amp controller and 2 hp motor. Yes, you will have to upgrade the controller for 48 volts. I bet the reaon it won't charge is because of the condition of the batteries and cables.

OR..

The charger also will not come on if the batteries are too low. Try charging 2 at a time with a 12 volt charger to get them up to around 30 volts then try the cart charger again. I would clean the cable connections and water the batteries with distilled water first.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
Grid Cart
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to buy it... for $200, I think I'll make out okay, especially if it just needs some maintenance.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Grid Cart......................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

man, where are all these people getting these deals on carts from? ive been looking all over for cheap carts to build into an offroad hunting buggy and the cheapest i found was $950 for like a 91 CC that didnt run...
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #6
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

oh ya, my ezgo didnt have the badge in the glove box. lift up the seat and and check the metal frame down there..i wanna say it was under the seat between the batteries and the back of the cart on the frame, it was a number stamped into the frame
Old 12-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #7
Grid Cart
Not Yet Wild

Finding this deal was pure luck, plain and simple. I was thinking of starting this project for a long time, but had to sell another vehicle first. I sold it last Friday, and checked the classifieds that same day... and saw the ad for the golf cart, which was already a couple weeks old.

I'll check under the seat for some ID, but I'm pretty sure the ID plate should've been in the glove box at the very least. There are a couple semi-mangled rivets there which don't seem to belong to anything else.

Oh yeah, and we'll see if it really is a good deal once I get a chance to work on it... I may be simply paying someone $200 for a rolling pile of junk to be deposited in my yard (although I hope not).
Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #8
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

there are holes in my glove box as well, i had to make a few phone calls and they all ended up saying that ezgo didnt put a badge in there for a few years but kept the holes there because they were pre-drilled. but everyone did tell me to look for the number on the frame so that should be fail-safe....we hope atleast

Tags
controller, model, txt, year
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO