lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #81
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Re: Workhorse Front Lift Question?

Got my springs moved to the top of the axle and bolted into place. Haven't tightened things up yet because I have to wait till Tuesday to get my shock extenders. I did lower it down some to check tierods, and it appears there is enough room. Didn't even have to extend the tierods.

Also loosened up the back shocks. Tomorrow I'll block up the back end and take off one of the shackles so I can take it to town Monday and have some made.

So far so good.

Aussie hope things work out for you.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #82
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinman88 View Post
Before he buys the spindle risers, will he have enough clearance under his shocks?
Shocks clear no worries, I did not let out my tierods so I will try that today.

Scottyb will I be able to get spindle risers for my ST spindles?

Thanks for all the advise guys.

Aussie
Aussie Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #83
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
The shocks clear now, but spindle risers will move those tierods up a couple inches give or take a bit.

Is there enough room under the shocks to raise the tierods that much without interference?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #84
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Workhorse View Post

Scottyb will I be able to get spindle risers for my ST spindles?

Thanks for all the advise guys.

Aussie
Yes you can.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #85
reinman88
Gone Wild

Well, got it lifted front and back. Welding shop made me plates and shackles. I'm going to have him make my brushguard later. We decided we'd do some trading and call it even.

So my investment is 4 shock extenders at $12, and 10 bolts for front plates and rear shackles. Managed to get the whole job done without the need of one bandage, which helps keep the overhead down.

A 2" lift doesn't sound like much, but I stubbed my toe getting in the first time, so it must be taller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1947.jpg (71.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #86
auburn17
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well the question is will you be able to fit the 22" tires now? Looks like that will work fine.
auburn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #87
reinman88
Gone Wild

They will on the front, the back may be another story. Fortunately the workhorse doesn't have much when it comes to back fenders. Might have to trim off a little to make things work. The picture make it look like the cart is low in the back, but on concrete it looks fine. I'm thinking the missing front cowling makes it look worse then it is.

Only problem is I have just under 1/2 inch toe in, and it appears the tierods are as short as I can get them. I might be able to get one turn on each, if lucky, but that would be it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1948.jpg (54.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #88
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinman88 View Post
They will on the front, the back may be another story. Fortunately the workhorse doesn't have much when it comes to back fenders. Might have to trim off a little to make things work. The picture make it look like the cart is low in the back, but on concrete it looks fine. I'm thinking the missing front cowling makes it look worse then it is.

Only problem is I have just under 1/2 inch toe in, and it appears the tierods are as short as I can get them. I might be able to get one turn on each, if lucky, but that would be it.

It's because your "swing point" prior to changing the axle location was different..that is odd though, that you have no space on the rods.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #89
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
It's because your "swing point" prior to changing the axle location was different..that is odd though, that you have no space on the rods.
Ah, it's the story of my life.

Prior to the lift the tierods slanted down from the spindle to the idler. I was hoping with the lift I'd get the same degree of slant only now it would go up from the spindle to the idler. Unfortunately it looks like the degree of slant is not quite the same.

I drove it down the gravel road and it seemed fine, but of course in time it will eat off the insides of the tires. In my case it will never see a paved road. Since it is still cold and won't get a lot of use, I'll drive it. When it warms up some, I'll take the time to see if I can get a turn or two on each tierod and lessen the toe in.

All in all, I'm happy with what I've got. You can tell it's lifted, and I'm still using the old tires. It's going to get 2" taller when I go to 22" tires. Probably stub my toe again when that time comes.

Now it's on to painting the front cowling, and getting some speakers put in. Have the radio in just not the speakers. Guess I better start another thread in a bit with all the changes.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #90
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well done mate!

I wish mine was as straight forward as that.

Aussie.
Aussie Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO