lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #21
Canine_Rescue_Pilot
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tunes on your Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duscarter View Post
Pilot,

Do you know if that system will support the Iphone?
The one I bought does, but be careful and read what you're buying. In typical "made in China" fashion... The product literature is not always clear.
Canine_Rescue_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #22
Duscarter
Getting Wild
Club Car

OK thanks.
Duscarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
windfish
Not Yet Wild

Just a thanks to Pilot, decided to go the same route
Works great, though the radio signal is weak. A USB stick with tunes works, speakers are better than I'd have hoped. Might paint the speaker housing black so it matches the rest of the cart better.

Cheers
windfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:41 AM   #24
Canine_Rescue_Pilot
Getting Wild

Club Car

Glad it worked for you. Can't beat the price for a system that can take getting wet!

I also had "weak signal" problems... but since the antenna is magnetic, I just ran it up to the roof and it made it significantly better. I don't listen to the "radio" much, I use the USB stick or my iPod more.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Pilot, thanks for the heads up. This might work well in the RXV I just picked up.. I like the way you installed it but what happened to the key? You just sit in the parking lot and listen ??
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #26
Canine_Rescue_Pilot
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I like the way you installed it but what happened to the key? You just sit in the parking lot and listen ??
Do you mean the Key Switch?
Nothing. My cart is a 1991. The Key Switch is on the front of the seat box by the mechanical F-R switch.

...I'm lost on the parking lot question.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #27
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine_Rescue_Pilot View Post
Do you mean the Key Switch?
Nothing. My cart is a 1991. The Key Switch is on the front of the seat box by the mechanical F-R switch.

...I'm lost on the parking lot question.
Ha, sorry. Didn't realize the key was where it was, used to it being in the dash. As for the parking lot question, If you have no key to turn it on, you couldn't turn it on to move so sit in the parking lot and listen..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #28
ezgoin28
Getting Wild

Here are the tunes I came up with. I started with 4 shark brand 3.5 inch motorcycle speakers. They come with their own enclosure , I already did the headliner and it worked out well for mounting the 4 speakers. They come with a bracket also but I didn't need it.

Then I used a shallow mount 8 inch pioneer subwoofer, made a custom box. 10.5" x10.5"x7. Then a 4 channel pioneer amp.

There was an open area for it under the drivers side of the seat.

I dont have a head unit just a 3.5mm headphone jack that I plug into my iPhone.
It sounds really really good. Lots of highs and lots of bass. It's actually kinda funny that a golf cart hits so hard. I don't really know why I did it since I probly won't use it much.
ezgoin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #29
ezgoin28
Getting Wild

Here are the tunes I came up with. I started with 4 shark brand 3.5 inch motorcycle speakers. They come with their own enclosure , I already did the headliner and it worked out well for mounting the 4 speakers. They come with a bracket also but I didn't need it.

Then I used a shallow mount 8 inch pioneer subwoofer, made a custom box. 10.5" x10.5"x7. Then a 4 channel pioneer amp.

There was an open area for it under the drivers side of the seat.

I dont have a head unit just a 3.5mm headphone jack that I plug into my iPhone.
It sounds really really good. Lots of highs and lots of bass. It's actually kinda funny that a golf cart hits so hard. I don't really know why I did it since I probly won't use it much.
ezgoin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #30
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine_Rescue_Pilot View Post
Let's face it, if you've spent more than 5 minutes traveling on your cart you probably considered putting some tunes onboard. Desperate for some accompaniment, in a moment of weakness you probably zip-tied a boom box to the frame - or worse - dropped your smart phone into a cup holder and listened on the anemic built-in speakers. Yea, me too.

So I started looking for another option. They're out there. Overhead consoles, marine-grade car stereos (able to withstand moisture), Jensen even has a flat panel radio that is water resistant. All of these options came with impressive sticker shock! I just want tunes, not a 36V Lexus.

I'm probably not the first, but I'll write about it anyway. I found an option that cost me $41 COMPLETE. And the sound is equivalent to about a $41 boom box, not bad considering I didn't have to go "redneck" and velco a boom box to my cart.

On Amazon-dot-com I found a Waterproof Motorcycle/ATV stereo kit for $41. Super small size, 12 volts, comes with 2 waterproof speakers, external antenna, and wiring. It has a built-in clock, an iPod (1/8") input jack, AND it has both a USB port and an SD card slot where it will play MP3s that you place on either of these memory devices. Lastly, it came with a small infrared wireless remote. Handy if you're beside or nearby the cart.

Other than a little cutting of plastic with a hot-knife, the installation was simple. In fact the parts of the kit fit so well... I almost felt like it was made for a Golf Cart. The speakers are completely enclosed "pods", so I didn't even have to worry about speaker enclosures. Just mount and go.

Hands down this is the BEST value and fit I have found for music in your golf cart without spending a fortune. And the sound... not too bad, considering. Think $41 dollar boom box... and you have an exact idea of the sound. Looks... well I think pretty good.
I just bought the same system from Amazon but I dont believe it has an 1/8" ipod jack. At least I cant find it?
sofar-sogood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, ipod, music, radio, stereo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO