lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #11
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: need Help 2002 ezgo 36 volt pds golf cart

Sounds like you hooked them to the full 36 volts.............. Re check with a volt meter and see if you have 36 volts or 12 volts.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

If thats so way won't the cart work now would that hurt something on the golf cart? I don't see way the cart won't work now that I have unhooked them. Does the cart have a fuse somewhere?
whateverittakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #13
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverittakes View Post
I put the headlights and tail lights on a spare battery and all that is working is the amber markers no taillights or headlights. They are not even hooked to the golf cart.

When I hooked the headlight/taillight harness up I put them on the 2 batterys that the charger wires are hooked up to. Is that wgere they should have been hooked up?
Help me understand these statements...........?????????????????
Old 07-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #14
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

I just tested the lights afterwards to see if the lights would workand this is how I tested them.

I unhooked the headlight/taillight harness from the golf cart batterys and hooked them to a 12 volt car battery and the headlights and taillights will not turn on. but the amber marker lights work.

This is how I hooked the lights up to the golf cart when I installed them.

When I hooked the headlight/taillight harness up I put the hot and the ground on the 2 batterys that the charger wires are hooked up to. Is that where they should have been hooked up?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #15
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Nupe........ If you hooked them up to the charger wires, you hooked them to 36volts. It burned out your headlight and tailight bulbs. They are the brightest bulbs. The marker lights are probably very bright on 36 volts but when on 12 volts, they are pretty dim. This is normal for marker lights to be dim.

Replace the bulbs in the head & tail lights and conect them to a seperate 12 volt battery and you should see that they work with the new bulbs.

As for the cart not running........ I don't know why, but you should get assistance here, from somone tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #16
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

I hope someone can help me find the problem with the cart not running. I have work on the cart for 8 hours today. Thanks
Old 07-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #17
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

I have tried everything can anyone help?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #18
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

I tested the key switch and it's good. f and r switch is good. wires are good from the key switch and f and r switch the batterys test 6.4 volts each or 38.50 volts as a total. I have power to the controller but no power coming out of the controller. So I guess I need a controller. Where is the cheapest place to get a controller? I would rather have a used one as long as it's good. What do you guys think is it the controller?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #19
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Sounds like you definitely hooked lights to 36v. When you relace bulbs, hook positive to first battery and negative to 2nd battery, or any two batteries wired together. As far as controller, lights should have nothing to do with it. When you were rewiring did you have a large spark occur? Is your solenoid working? It should click when key is on and petal pressed. If it clicks, check for continuity on large poles. You can jump large poles together to test solenoid also but make sure rear of cart is on jack stands. If motor runs with solenoid jumped, that pretty much tells you solenoid is bad.
Cheapest place I've seen for controllers is to have yours rebuilt at controllerservices.com.(I think thats correct address.) You can even have your controller upgraded there. Also sponsers here will help you out. They may have a used one sitting around for a good deal.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #20
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

With the key on and the pedal pushed the solenoid does not make any noise. Their was no spark just lights came on then went out. I checked and it did blow the bulbs. are you talking about jumping the 2 big ends of the solenoid togeother to test the solenoid?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO