lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #71
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: need Help 2002 ezgo 36 volt pds golf cart

That resistor is fried!!!! You did more than you think when you hooked those lights up.

Its a 250 ohm resistor. I'm not 100% sure but I think it will run without the resistor.

So far the "lights" have taken out

1. Reed Switch
2. Resistor
3....who knows what else.......
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #72
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

Lets hope thats all
whateverittakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #73
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
That resistor is fried!!!! You did more than you think when you hooked those lights up.

Its a 250 ohm resistor. I'm not 100% sure but I think it will run without the resistor.

So far the "lights" have taken out

1. Reed Switch
2. Resistor
3....who knows what else.......

I would have to add a solenoid to that list and then start evaluating the ITS. It is an ITS speed control system? Isn't it? didn't sound like it was running properly during the solenoid bypass test.....and Micro switches

Whateverittakes, If you have got a buddy who has some electrical experience, now may be a good time to invite him over for a beer and see if he can help you sort this out? It is often difficult for someone to analyze the damage done in an accident like this over the Internet. There is just no precedent set.Roady take 5!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #74
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

Well It's not the resistor I was checking for continuity not the ohms the resistor reads 251 ohms so it's good. and thats not the problem. So now what?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #75
roady89
nimda
Club Car

The 2 small wires going to the solenoid, do you have power going to them with key on, pedal pushed? No power going to them with pedal up or key off?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #76
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

not sure what your asking their. When I check for power on the 2 small wires. I put neg. lead of meter on the battery. The positive on the blue wire. I have 37.2 volts I put neg. lead of meter on the battery. The positive on the yellow wire I have 37.2 volts with the key on. No power with the key off on either. The controller is what I think is bad. I took the blue and yellow wires off the solenoid and taped them up out of the way. I then put a jumper wire from where the blue wire was on the solenoid to a ground. I then put a jumper where the yellow wire was on the solenoid to the pedal switch. The cart runs now but very very slow. When you charge it it only goes to 10 on the charger. The way I got this hooked up the solenoid clicks when you push the pedal. I think the reason it's slow is I have got power and ground from somewhere other then the controller.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #77
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

I have basically bypassed the 2 small wires from the controller to the solenoid. The solenoid gets it's 36volts from the green wire on the pedal switch. The grond I grounded to the controller bracket.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:12 PM   #78
lilshw38
Not Yet Wild

need ez go 2002 wiring diagram
lilshw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO