lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #31
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Here we go again, hahahahahaha

Here are some pics of those tires and rims, the tires are 175-50-13's and have basically 99% tread on them (two still have the nubs on the sidewalls) - the rims are powdercoated and are a standard 4X4 pattern. They definitely fit the rear without a lift (REAL close though) but up front you'd need to lift the cart to be sure and clear the fenders (although a minor say 2" lift should suffice) ...

20121003_095940.jpg.jpg

Just for fun, I also grabbed a Par Car front end out of the shed when I grabbed the tires (no charge - SWEET) and it believe it or not bolts right up on the sides, I *may* actually end up using it if I run into issues fitting the TXT front end, it almost has a "workhorse" look to it :)

20121003_100308.jpg.jpg

PM me if interested in the rims and tires, the price is right but shipping will suck as they are fairly heavy
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #32
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

heres a pic of my wheels.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #33
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I like those Agressors - I passed up a set of 12" Tempest for $250 because they had 24's on them, prob should have taken them anyhow and just waited for the swap til I needed tires ...

Just took a ride with the 13's - MAN what a difference when You're used to 22's soaking up the bumps at 8psi, these ride like BOARDS on the trails (pretty sweet on the pavement, though - no bounce, no drift, etc) hahahaha - about the only pavement around here is the driveway though and that's only like 3/4 mile long so a street cart just isn't really in my future, shame though.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #34
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

mine rides like a brick. a board would feel better i think. im gonna do the monroe shock swap so hopefully that helps. if i didnt have to a bunch of repairs i would find some 22x11x12.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #35
gwbrehm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

1fast67,

I just ordered the monroe shocks thru Amazon. They were slightly more than Rock Auto, but the shipping was free. Overall they wound up being cheaper by about six dollars, FYI.
gwbrehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #36
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwbrehm View Post
1fast67,

I just ordered the monroe shocks thru Amazon. They were slightly more than Rock Auto, but the shipping was free. Overall they wound up being cheaper by about six dollars, FYI.
thanks gw! that will help and it wont take long to get them since amazon is just on the other side of my state.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #37
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OKAY - so a 280 mile round trip later, I made it home with 2 EZGO TXT front clips (the guy at Cart Masters LLC was *super* cool and threw in an extra that had been drilled for a windshield so I had one to use for the mockup without worrying about it) ... Total out of pocket with gas and a couple Red Bulls came to $73, happy happy joy joy :)

NOW the decision - I can get another perfect Par Car front like the above pic and go for the ST look, or I can fab up some mounts for the TXT cowl (it looks like if I extend the running boards I plan on making about 4.5" it will be a relatively easy mount, the top brackets might be a trick to fab up but theres plenty to attach to behind the ball holder so I should be OK) - not sure which way to go yet, prob stick with the TXT cowl though ...

Par Car

20121003_105210.jpg.jpg

TXT

20121003_190523.jpg.jpg

Tomorrow should be the lift, shocks, 22's, and wheel spacers - then another test fit of the cowls, anyone have opinions either way?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #38
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

my vote is the txt front end.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #39
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

what size wheel spacers you using? my rear wheels stick out about 2" and the front is even with the edge of the cowl. just trying to even them out.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #40
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

My 88 is 5" in the back and 4" in the front due to an ordering mixup a couple of years ago ... this one is getting 5 front and back (the wide wheelbase really adds to cornering stability, even if it means the cart wont fit on the little trailer anymore
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO