lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
latenite23
Not Yet Wild

Default Frame Painting/Coating

I have an EZ GO txt frame that I am going to use and swap over the engine and parts from my Sport 2+2 that rusted and broke in half(the PO ran in into the gulf of mexico). I leave the cart on an island in south Louisiana. I have a few places that have surface rust on my new frame, and would like to also paint the rest with something that will protect it from the salt water, any recommendations on what to use to coat the frame or should I just leave it with the stock coating.

Also any recommendations on switching over my engine and part to the TXT frame appreciated.

Thanks
latenite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2018, 10:16 PM   #2
taylordunn
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: Frame Painting/Coating

Never used it, but would POR15 be a candidate? Sand blast then apply?
taylordunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:28 AM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Por 15 seems to be most recommended. I got what rust off I could with a flap disk , then covered the whole frame with it. It’s only been on about a year, so I don’t have any personal knowledge of how well it lasts, but it seems to be very popular in the car restoration world too. I’m not sure that you even need to go to the extent of sandblasting. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:02 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

if you want to do it yourself by hand....then Por15 would be your best bet, just read and follow the instructions to the letter for best results.

BUT considering you are on the gulf and its exposed to the sea air, and the humidity there, your absolute best bet would be to totally disassemble the frame, sandblast it and have it powdercoated.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO