lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 TXT clean up and upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull203 View Post
No, we are not allowed to have motorized vehicles on our beaches here, so basically going from the house to the beach, riding the neighborhood ,and local rest./bars will be all It is used for
well with that in mind, there are a lot of nice looking wheel/tire combo's that don't require a lift. stock tire height is roughly 18.5", you can easily put 20" tires on that will do on the street and the grass. but if you want the look and larger tires, you will need to lift it. Its what my other half wanted, so thats what she got. lol
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for the posts , i am curious as to being able to tell the diffrence between a 97 and a 95. 97 is what i cam up with when i looked up the number on the plate. is it possible the part could have been swapped from another vehicle.....

first thing i plan on doing is HD springs on the front and rear, and a lift and tires while its tore down. Did slip up and find a awesome sunburst body kit from my local dealer, had a scratch on the bagwell and it was returns. Scored it for 250. So i am stoked that I at least have that covered now.
the only true difference between the two is the body. the 95's is metal, the 97's is plactic. and seeing as how then can be interchanged, thats about the only thing.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
Bull203
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
the only true difference between the two is the body. the 95's is metal, the 97's is plactic. and seeing as how then can be interchanged, thats about the only thing.
Well, the body i pulled of was plastic. dont guess it really matters.
Gonna try and blow this thing of tonight when i get home, and get to cleaning.
I like the look of the lift so that is probably the dirrection i will go.
Bull203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
R1D2
Getting Wild

Club Car

Waitin' on more pics. :D
Hope all turns out well for you the first time.
R1D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
Bull203
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ill have some pics up tonight after i dust it off and clean it up.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for the posts , i am curious as to being able to tell the diffrence between a 97 and a 95. 97 is what i cam up with when i looked up the number on the plate. is it possible the part could have been swapped from another vehicle....

In your picture the metal "hoop" around the top of the batteries is '95 specific. The rear inner wheel liners are also slightly different in the '95 also. Someone pulled te metal body off and put a 97 body on it. The body "bolts" right up (actually rivets right up).
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #17
Bull203
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info, I assume that two years doesnt kill value in these things. It was 400 with the charger and a rear flip down seat. Obviously have replaced the batteries, and it runs great so, i am basically setting at 900.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #18
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
In your picture the metal "hoop" around the top of the batteries is '95 specific. The rear inner wheel liners are also slightly different in the '95 also. Someone pulled te metal body off and put a 97 body on it. The body "bolts" right up (actually rivets right up).
So if someone pulled the metal body off, wouldn't that make it a metalist instead of a txt? I only ask because I removed my body on my cart and it looks identical to bull's. Mine had a plastic body as well but my vin plate was painted over. I used the chart in the electric ezgo section and because of the type of f&r switch and the run/tow switch I thought mine was a dcs, not a series. Sorry to thread jack.
mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #19
R1D2
Getting Wild

Club Car

I just read online and I lost the link. But I read by the oil drain bolt if I remember right that there may just be two letters and some numbers. Like FE290, FE250, FE350, FE400 and from there you can tell the year "time frame" of the motor. And see if the year time frame matches the body year. That was for Club Car but that might work on yours.
Hope that helps.
R1D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #20
Bull203
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

PIcs will be up this evening. Got the frame painted and cleaned very to my liking. Now im ready to get serious on my suspension and lift.which brings me to my next question. Allsports is right down the road from me,so i will be going with their drop axle lift for my cart,and i notice last night that i have stock leafs in the back...and i plan on upgrading the leafs to handle the rear flip down seat. i played football in college and i am a "bigger" guy to say the least. Should i go ahead and upgrage to Heavy Duty front springs as well?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO