lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #71
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 1988 Marathon 2 cycle issues

It's alive!!!

Put the motor back in today, the reassembly was uneventful. What got interesting was getting the mount holes lined up by myself- what a pain! Got everything rewired and bolted back on and primed the fuel pump cranking with the plug wire off, then once the fuel was flowing I put the hose on the carb and cranked for about 10 more seconds. Hooked up the plug wire and after some light choking away we went! This thing runs GREAT! The power on the low end seems pretty good, but the top end is what's impressive. I GPS'd it at 18 MPH, and it doesn't take all day to get there either. I ran around on it a bit this evening so I could see if any kinks need worked out. Finding none, it's going back to my friend tomorrow so I can de-clutter my workspace.

IMG_20140501_211958_289.jpg

The finished product. After getting inside this cart and motor, I gotta find me a 2pg for my old 3 wheeler! I can already envision a ton of upgrades and even more fun tearing around on the old thing.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #72
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good job. And yes, these little engines can get a cart going at a speed that feels unsafe! Now on to the next project, right?
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #73
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Definitely on to the next project.

Delivered the cart to camp today along with my Grandpa's 03 CC DS gasser. There are some pretty nasty hills up at camp, and the old EZGO left my Grandpa's cart in the dust, even uphill! I don't know what happened, but I think I've become a two stroke fan!!

Final pics of the cart, the OSB Redneck Deluxe cowl.

IMG_20140502_144821_419.jpg

IMG_20140502_144835_593.jpg
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #74
Andy_T
Not Yet Wild

.....off chance. I had something similar with mine. I had a corrosion in the steel tube that runs under the (back) seat frame that connects between the tank and the pump. I removed the steel tube and replaced the entire length with new fuel hose. I also had to take apart the carb and blow out all the jets; I'm pretty sure there was rust in the carb. Once I did that all was well with mine.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO