lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

Default battery blues need advise

ok ma ma said the gas cart was too noisy so I sold the 1980 marathon and got a 09 ez go txt36 volt . I have had the cart approx. 2 years and have taken good care of the batteries. a few weeks ago the cart would only go about a mile or so before I noticed a decrees in power and torque. load tested the batts and found one that read weak I replaced said batt and now still the same alos now I have another that reads weak.(read ok prior to new batt. anyway I was looking for advise on proper trouble shooting this. attached are a few pics I built the back seat lift kit and brush guard my self.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 106.jpg (228.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 159.jpg (145.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 160.jpg (181.6 KB, 0 views)
iron and steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: battery blues need advise

replace the whole pack .. they will all fail soon
also remember when you put in a new cattery it will be drawn down to the older batteries not raise the old ones up
Old 10-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

so even if all other batterys load test as good ? local dealer said I can replace the weak one please I need more info
Old 10-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You want to do what Crash said and replace all of the batteries at one time. Your new ones won't last long when put into an old pack.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron and steel View Post
so even if all other batterys load test as good ? local dealer said I can replace the weak one please I need more info
You've already seen that 2/3 of your pack are failing; at what point do you decide to replace the entire pack when you get to 1/2 way point or later? Old battery are just that old battery while they may still appear generally fine they simply just don't store the energy they once did; they fall faster and drag good batteries down with and prematurely weaken them both in use and more so while charging.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #6
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

how do you initialize and new pack. ;I may have to get a set of cheaps for the local club to get me thru
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO