lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
trmartin
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 EZDO PDS won't move

here's the issue.........had the cart at work and run it around from my office to the shop. It was super dirty/dusty/muddy. We had the power washer/steam genie out the other day washing our strait truck, and I had one of guys hose the cart off, he then lifted the seat and washed off about an inch of dirt off the batteries LOL. After an hour, I ran the cart around and it was fine. an hour later, We went to move it, and it wouldn't go. The last battery in the series has a burnt spots around the connection. You put it in fwd/reverse, solenoid clicks and the 1st battery in the series arcs ???? I went back to the shop and cleaned some of the terminals, checked voltage to rule that out. Is the controller now bad? With the key off, I hooked up the first battery from the controller area and as I looped it back on the batt. it arcs?? I need help on this. Not sure where to even start.

Troy
trmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
trmartin
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 EZDO PDS won't move

i can't perform a beep code to figure it out because when i hit the pedal, it arcs on the batteries? do i just need to get a controller?
Old 11-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmartin View Post
i can't perform a beep code to figure it out because when i hit the pedal, it arcs on the batteries? do i just need to get a controller?
Arcing at batteries indicates a bad connection or short in the battery. Check the pack voltage drop when you try to go after you check the arcing connection.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

First of all, never disconnect or reconnect any a PDS cart's wires or cables without placing the Run/Tow switch in the Tow position.

Where, specifically, on the battery is the arcing occurring?
Could be a bad cable, or a bad battery post, or a bad terminal lug on the cable.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
First of all, never disconnect or reconnect any a PDS cart's wires or cables without placing the Run/Tow switch in the Tow position.

Where, specifically, on the battery is the arcing occurring?
Could be a bad cable, or a bad battery post, or a bad terminal lug on the cable.
Whatever it is is bad
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
trmartin
Not Yet Wild

I'll take some pictures at work tomorrow. When i unplugged tow/run switch from controller, and have the first battery unhooked i would set the cable coming from controller that starts the series on the battery and it would arc. A meter shows 36.7ish volts in the battery pack. The last battery(pass side closet to front) has a burnt spot on terminal. Not sure if a battery or conttoller is fried or both.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #7
trmartin
Not Yet Wild

Pics of batteries... Like i said before, it has 36.8v in the series. Leaning tiwards a controller, but not sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (183.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #8
trmartin
Not Yet Wild

Another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (126.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #9
trmartin
Not Yet Wild

Dang iphone only lets you upload one pic at a time......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (126.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I think your only problem is a messed up battery terminal from loose connection. The last remaining corrosion making the connection was washed away by pressure washer. Getting a small arc when reconnecting battery is not unusual, a huge blinding arc is not normal. The battery terminal can likely be repaired. Try unhooking the sparking terminal to see how badly the lead below the cable is melted.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO