lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default T105 replacements

Good day everybody. I was scouring the internet to determine how many pennies I need to save until spring when I need to buy new batteries. Would these suffice?

http://www.ruralking.com/exide-golf-...lt-gc115g.html

I know this may be a loaded question so... We drive about a mile a day within a campground on paved roads to the neighbors, the pool, the park and the beach. What other, if any, information should I provide?

Thanks in advance.
Yeabuddy!
yeabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: T105 replacements

Exide are good batteries, but I cannot find anything that states the Amp-Hour capacity at the 20 Hour rate for the GC-115. (AH capacity @ 20hr rate is the yardstick used the compare golf cart batteries)

The GC-110 is a 186AH battery and the GC135 is a 226AH battery, so the GC-115 is someplace in between, but obviously lower than the 225AH of a T-105.

Check the AH rating, if it is above 200AH, it would be okay for light usage.

Rule of thumb, get the highest AH you can afford at the best price you can find locally.

BTW: I ordered my GC-145 Exide batteries through Rural King.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #3
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks JohnnieB. I called and asked what the amp hour capacity is at the 20 hour rate and all they could tell me, which I was surprised by, was they are 75amps @110. That's what the ad said... grrrr.... back to square 1.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #4
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I found this on Rural King's web site:

Questions on Exide Golf Cart Battery 6volt GC115G

From John at 9/29/13 4:51 AM
Q: I'm wondering what the AH (amp hour ) rating is on this battery. Most deep cycle batteries have
this information available. I tried Exide's website, but this particular battery is not listed, perhaps it is a contract item for retail at rural king only.
The 110 minutes/ 75 amps (reserve capacity) is not telling me exactly what i'd like to know.
My intended use is for solar panel energy storage, so the AH rating is pretty important jn determining how long I can run certain loads off the battery bank.
Thanks in advance.
Show Answer
A: Hello,
THis product has a 186 Amp/ 20Hour rating. Thank you for choosing Rural King. Have a nice day!
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Maybe the attached will help you in your quest.

Not all makes and models are listed, but find an AH rating close to what you are considering and the list shows how it stacks up against a T-105 or similar AH cart battery. (186AH is almost at the bottom of the list.)

The percent above/before is for both run-time and life expectancy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 Volt Battery AH comparisons.JPG (102.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Olman and JohnnieB. Appears to be subpar... even for my application... no?
Old 11-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If it were me----I would go for batteries of 225 AH or better.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:36 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeabuddy View Post
Thanks Olman and JohnnieB. Appears to be subpar... even for my application... no?
Personally, I trust my eyes more than words spoken or printed by others, so I would take a trip to Rural King and eyeball those batteries.

Exide GC batteries do have their AH rating on their label. The store clerk on the phone probably doesn't know where to look, or is too lazy to look, and doesn't know what he/she is looking at even if he/she did look.

Exide also tends to use the minutes at 75A as the model number for their GC batteries, so a GC-115 is likely to have 115 minutes at a 75A discharge rate, and that indicates its AH capacity is more than 186AH since Exide's model GC-110 has a 110 minutes at 75A and is rated at 186AH.

That said, if the GC-115 is below 200AH, it is too small for your modest application.

Or at least in a 36V pack. They might make a pretty decent 42V or 48V pack for a short range application.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO