lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
GreezMunky
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO field winding open

hey guys! New to the forum. Though I do use it research quite often. I'm currently having trouble with an EZGO TXT in the shop. It is equipped with the PDS system and the diagnostic code told me the solenoid was welded shut. So, I replaced the solenoid, and voila! The cart ran! But only for a short period. So, I brought it back in the shop and ran the diagnostics again. This time it gave me the code for the fields winding open, so we pulled the motor and sent it out to get rebuilt. We get the motor back, install it (double-checking our wires) and the cart ran reallllllly slow. at this point we thought "well maybe the batteries need a charge". Long story short, we charged it up, but the diagnostic system is still telling me the fields are winding open. Anyone ever had a similar issue?

And thanks for your help!!!
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO field winding open

If the field windings test good (less than 5 ohms), and the field wires are good (and not worn through to the frame at the back of the battery tray). Next suspect is a bad controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
GreezMunky
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If the field windings test good (less than 5 ohms), and the field wires are good (and not worn through to the frame at the back of the battery tray). Next suspect is a bad controller.
Thank you for the quick response! And that was my next guess! I tested both the field connections and the armature connections for continuity and they both passed.

Am I supposed to get 5 ohms constant? Or is that just when I hit the accelerator?
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreezMunky View Post
Thank you for the quick response! And that was my next guess! I tested both the field connections and the armature connections for continuity and they both passed.

Am I supposed to get 5 ohms constant? Or is that just when I hit the accelerator?
Pull the F1 & F2 cables at the controller when you measure the Ohmic value of the field windings.

Yes, it should be a constant value. You are measuring the resistance of several feet of of thin copper wire.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO