lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2015, 10:54 PM   #21
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help me buy a golf cart trailer

You can measure tongue weight with a bathroom scale.Take an average of about 700lbs for a cart,which is mostly in the seat to rear axle area.Normally if the cart doesn't have a rear seat,I set the rear-axle of the cart just behind the axle on a 8' deck trailer.If it has a rear seat,I load it backwards,with the rear step at ,or over the front rail.This gives about 150lbs or so tongue weight by my guess from lifting it(never weighed it). Another thing people mess up on towing is ball-height.The tongue should be level,higher adds tail-weight,lower adds tongue-weight due to balance and weight-transfer.Keep in mind too,that a little extra tongue weight is better than tail weight,I would rather have more coupler weight than sway.You can load the cart on the trailer,then unhook it from tow-vehichle.Carefully roll the cart forward/rearward and find the best spot for weight.Every trailer and cart is a little different,so this might be an easy way to set it up.Just move it a bit,set brake,and lift the tongue.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO