lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2015, 01:03 AM   #1
mgolfcart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2001 E-Z-GO Controller problem

I am working on a 2001 e-z-go txt with 10" wheels . The controller is a DCS (Curtis 1206SX) the problem is sometimes when you start off forward it only runs at half speed then I will bring it to a complete stop turn it off then turn it back on. put it in reverse and back-up for a few feet then go forward and it runs fine, I think the controller has a problem my question is if I can check the controller before I condemn it?
mgolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 E-Z-GO Controller problem

It is tire height rather than wheel size that counts. With 10" wheels, the tires are most likely taller than stock (18"), and DCS controllers don't play well with tall tires, so it needed to be upgraded even if it was working right.

An Alltrax DCX400 in a DCS makes a nice cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO