lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2015, 01:53 AM   #1
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Dead spots on pedal

2005 TXT shuttle 2+2 36v series seems to be a little jerky at start, often stalls out until you release the pedal and stop then it proceeds ok. Seems to do it more after sitting a bit and then smooth's out.

Bought this cart used, just now got a pack for it and now the gremlins are showing themselves.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dead spots on pedal

Inspect ITS throttle wires for damage spots, Clean the signal wire connector. and lastly open the foot pedal box and check for water.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yes for sure as ScottyB has stated. You gotta pull back the floor mat and take out the peddle box screws to see if you have any water in the box. Water will get you jumpy starts as he stated, but look for any other signs of corrosion or loose\broken wires.
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:32 PM   #4
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Dead spots on pedal

Am I looking for corrosion on the ITS itself or just on the fittings? do you ever try to clean the inside of the box? If so with what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #5
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have cleaned and tightened all of the spade connections on the cart. I see no moisture in the box. Could the sensor itself be bad. Seems better now but the first few times you hit the pedal often no response, lift and press again and your off, sometimes it will stall out if you press the pedal down too fast. After a few minutes of cruising it seems to clear up.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:55 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

It could be the small micro-switch in the ITS box. Mine went bad after about 5 years and was doing something similar to yours. I replaced it (I can't recall the cost....but it wasn't much) and my thinking was, even if it wasn't bad I at least eliminated that as the problem. It was in fact the problem. That's not to say it's YOUR problem, but for the cost and how easy it is to replace, at least you will know. (Also know as...."toss stuff at it until it sticks"...diagnosis)

Dave
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:03 AM   #7
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks Dave. I was thinking about it last night and concluded that it had to be the what is causing the problem since it is the only thing left.

I'll replace the switch this afternoon and see what I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think I said this earlier, clean the inline wire connector between the ITS and the controller. This is very often the location of problem creating corrosion.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #9
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm just not seeing an inline connector. It is hard wired in and then crimped in with barrel connectors up near the controller. I have cleaned and exercised all the switches and connections, replaced the switch in box. Will test further tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:07 PM   #10
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Replaced switch in pedal box and all seems to be good. We have had snow here so a full test will have to wait until Monday but in the shop, there seems to be improvement.

This is the same cart that I f'd up the charger on. That is now 100% as well.

Thanks BGW Crew.
Donation made.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO