lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2015, 06:28 AM   #1
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2000 txt Rear End slipping?

Seems I might have a few problems.. This is my first electric cart.Batteries on full charge. When I first hit the gas the voltmeter goes from 36 to as low as 29 not sure if that is above or below normal and it sounds like the motor is turning but Im not moving as fast as I should be more like 2 mph. I take it out on the road and the speed pics up slowly the volts meter starts to creep back up not sure if it ever got back up over 31 while on the gas but the entire time it feels like the rear end is slipping I can also hear the motor quietly whirling faster than im going.. I pulled all the batteries to replace them then thought well maybe I should rebuild the rear end first... ?? any ideas
smille5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 txt Rear End slipping?

At 36v you're already below 50% charge. Plug your charger in and let it fully charge and shut off on its own. 12 hours after shutting off get a battery pack reading along with voltage of each battery.

What kind of batteries do you have? Brand and model please.

You just put these in right?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:47 AM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Inspect the rear hubs for stripped splines. Very common.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:15 AM   #4
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Batteries are not new, not sure the age I just bought the cart.. The hubs are good. The guy I bought the cart from said the batteries would need replacing soon. I put it on the charger until it shut off the batteries immediately read over 38 volts on my meter I installed. The next morning it was 36.8 and fell to about 36 when I went for a test ride.. After the test ride it went back to 35 and change... I did check each battery after the test they were all 6volts a few were 5.9 volts.. I know this is low but 50% confuses me it's a 36v cart what should I be reading ..Thanks for the info....
Old 02-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #5
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I guess I should also ask what does a cart act like when the batteries are low like mine?
Old 02-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #6
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

50% indicates batteries are fully used up and it isn't recommended to every use the bottom 1/2 charge. See chart attached for SOC voltage readings. These are taken with batteries at rest. Under load voltages should never drop below 1.75v per cell or 31.5v for a 36v cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StateofChargeChart.jpg (53.4 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think your batteries are shot. They are not holding the charge anymore. The 36v charger will take the pack up to 44-45v at shut off. The pack voltage will settle to 38.4 within 24-48 hours after the charge ends. This is a fully charged reading. If voltage drops 6v during operation you have a battery problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOC new.jpg (96.9 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #8
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys I also just did a gravity test and not one battery went over 1150 terrible. OK just wanted to make sure before I spend $1000 on batteries... Thanks again guys I appreciate your input.....
Old 02-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the old owner was right. One bad battery could cause the performance problem and voltage drop you describe under load. But you know more having SG tested the lot of them.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #10
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Do some research and buy good quality batteries. Get some prices report back here and we'll lead you in the right direction on your buying decision...

Welcome aboard to the world of golf carts...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO