lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #11
superair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: old cart, need torque

Ok guys thanks for all the information. All opinions will be taken in to consideration as well; you all have way more expertise than I do with golf cart modfications. Now here are the specifics on what I want to use it for. The ramp down to the dock is actually 33 deg for 50 feet then 15 to 20 deg for about another 20 feet then over the next 40 feet it tapers to flat ground. I know this is asking a lot for an electric cart, and as I said before we are currently using our 4 wheeler or Arctic Cat Prowler side by side. My wife wanted the electric cart for riding around the neighborhood, she doesnt like the noise from the Prowler (maybe the aftermaket exhaust ). Anyway I got this cart not running, needed batteries, from my mom who just bought a txt cart. That being said all I have in it so far is the lift kit wheel/tires and a set of batteries so if there is a cart that is better suited then I would trade up for it. If it is doable I don't mind the time and money to make this one work either. If they are always going to be on the edge of their capabilities then I will just stick with the Prowler. I am wanting to sell it and get a buggy style side by side if I can make an electric cart work for me.
Anyway I did install the Jake's lift kit today as well and the new rubber so it may not pull a hill for s$$t but does look better.

I have to say the the lift kit is top notch and took longer to realign the wheels than install the kit (maybe I was a little anal with the measurements for the alignment though). Also so far this cart has been easier and less expensive than any of my other modification hobbies. I said in my introduction to the forum that I modify everything that I own the either floats or rolls.

Thanks guys for a great forum and keep the suggestions coming. I hope to be able to contribute good and bad experience and not just ask questions all the time.
superair is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #12
superair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here are the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NCM_2447.jpg (129.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg NCM_2448.jpg (144.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #13
superair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just remembered that a neighbor has about the same incline and uses a cart he just got to go up and down. I have noticed that when there are 4 people then at least one of them ends up walking up, so it seems his is not quite strong enough either. I will talk to him and ask what cart he has and maybe I can drive it over and try on my hill.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:07 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by superair View Post
Ok guys thanks for all the information. All opinions will be taken in to consideration as well; you all have way more expertise than I do with golf cart modfications. Now here are the specifics on what I want to use it for. The ramp down to the dock is actually 33 deg for 50 feet then 15 to 20 deg for about another 20 feet then over the next 40 feet it tapers to flat ground. I know this is asking a lot for an electric cart, and as I said before we are currently using our 4 wheeler or Arctic Cat Prowler side by side. My wife wanted the electric cart for riding around the neighborhood, she doesnt like the noise from the Prowler (maybe the aftermaket exhaust ). Anyway I got this cart not running, needed batteries, from my mom who just bought a txt cart. That being said all I have in it so far is the lift kit wheel/tires and a set of batteries so if there is a cart that is better suited then I would trade up for it. If it is doable I don't mind the time and money to make this one work either. If they are always going to be on the edge of their capabilities then I will just stick with the Prowler. I am wanting to sell it and get a buggy style side by side if I can make an electric cart work for me.
Anyway I did install the Jake's lift kit today as well and the new rubber so it may not pull a hill for s$$t but does look better.

I have to say the the lift kit is top notch and took longer to realign the wheels than install the kit (maybe I was a little anal with the measurements for the alignment though). Also so far this cart has been easier and less expensive than any of my other modification hobbies. I said in my introduction to the forum that I modify everything that I own the either floats or rolls.

Thanks guys for a great forum and keep the suggestions coming. I hope to be able to contribute good and bad experience and not just ask questions all the time.
The highlighted statements are almost mutually exclusive.

A stock electric golf cart is a compromise of speed and torque, which are mutually exclusive. (Granted, increasing the applied voltage will increase both torque and speed, but to increase the torque at the higher voltage, speed must be sacrificed and vice versa.)

To climb steep hills, the emphasis has to be shifted towards the torque end of the spectrum while speed is typically desired for neighborhood cruising, which means an emphasis towards the other end of the performance spectrum.

Two-speed motors and two-speed differentials do exist, so an electric cart that will climb exceptionally steep hills in one mode and cruise the neighborhood in another mode can be built, but I'm not familiar enough with Marathons and not sure if those products exits for it, so I don't know if a Marathon can be turned into a steep hill climbing neighborhood cruiser.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #15
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Good looking cart !!!!

Please keep us posted !
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:10 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by superair View Post
Just remembered that a neighbor has about the same incline and uses a cart he just got to go up and down. I have noticed that when there are 4 people then at least one of them ends up walking up, so it seems his is not quite strong enough either. I will talk to him and ask what cart he has and maybe I can drive it over and try on my hill.
Good idea.

Let us know what his set-up is, maybe a little tweaking will get it to carry the fourth person all the way to the top.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #17
superair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Torque is most important. She does not care about the speed. Unlike me 7 to 8 mph is fine for her. I will talk to the neighbor and let you know his setup and maybe I can sort of duplicate it on my cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO