lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2016, 09:54 PM   #31
noslin
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ultimate tow cart build questions - Yamaha G9

just got new batteries installed. went with the 6-8 volts. man now with the dual speed motor/switch it hauls butt. i would say on torque mode, the mph prob feels about 5mph less. so i dont know how it will tow at the track but will find out in a couple of weeks.

seen today the front lower control arm kingpin hole is wore out. so ill patch/ weld in a piece of steel, drill out, etc. dont really want to spend the money on a new one. i think ill get the jakes econo 4" lift kit next so the fat .. er.. husky.. guys dont make the tires rub (joke).

only thing i need to do now with the motor controller is get the computer to talk to the controller. its an Alltrax AXE model, i have the usb/serial adapter they suggested. ill give them a call and get some help with the driver issue.
noslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2016, 10:14 PM   #32
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Sounds good. Should do the trick for you.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:45 PM   #33
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

did that to my worn out Umax/jakes arms. if i recall, 17mm was the right size drill bit to fit the stock bushings.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #34
noslin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
did that to my worn out Umax/jakes arms. if i recall, 17mm was the right size drill bit to fit the stock bushings.
thank you for the info
Old 08-27-2016, 02:35 PM   #35
noslin
Not Yet Wild

i didnt know there were brass bushing in the lower control arms. so, ordered kingpin kit. installed and all is fine. well,i installed 1.75. in my typical charge forward i screwed up a bushing trying to get the spindle in. ill get upper bushing later down the road and finish it off right. you'd think at my age i would learn patience.

picked up in-expensive voltage gauge for now, just need to hook that up. thinking about a USB charger too.

ty
dean
Old 08-27-2016, 04:53 PM   #36
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

please dont run it with no bushing at all, that will just cost you more money down the road.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:04 AM   #37
noslin
Not Yet Wild

just little update. cart has worked out well. with the two speed motor 48v setup. with just me on speed mode on flat ground i get 20mph. towing with me, a 300lb passenger and towing 1600lb car it will do 10mph in torque mode.

i cant get into the controller, ive tried few different computers, half dozen usb/serial connectors and no luck. ill get a new better controller next year. so its a guess what the power settings are in the controller if that makes a difference.

anyways, im happy with it. would be cool to have lots of speed but ill leave that for the drag cars lol.

Tags
drag racing, pit, solenoid, torque, yamaha g9 controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha