lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #11
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !
Default Re: 8v Duracell Battery, Are they any good ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
I just bought a set of those for my cart. They're 165 amp hour batteries, 5 AH less than a Trojan T-875. Locally, that was my only real option. The other option being driving about all day and paying a kidney for a set of Trojans. Are they as good as Trojans? No. Are they better than the Mexican junk from Johnson Controls? IMO, yes.
I'll make sure i get the USA made ones , thanks for that heads up ,i didn't know about the mex duracells.
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #12
DKRgoods
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have had mine now for about a year with no issues and I use this http://shop.saveabattery.com/48-VOLT...48-2365-48.htm to charge them with.

Since I use my golf cart at a camp, this works great for me plus I can leave it plugged in all winter and not worry.
DKRgoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:17 PM   #13
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !

Going with Trojan 875's, delivered and old batteries taken away at slightly over 110 buck more than Duracells which would be a long drive and hauling 6 pos batteries with me. Will get em next month i need cash for other things first.Namely a controller/hd solenoid package, and charger from scottyb
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:55 PM   #14
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Good deal!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:41 PM   #15
podryna
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This thread is a bit dated (2015) so I'm hoping to find more current information on the durability of Duracell 8v batteries. There is scant information online, but the reviews on Sam's Club online are pretty BAD.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/duracell-...c8/prod3590217

A few quotes of the worse ones...
"★ 1 out of 5 stars. JKHou · a month ago
Don't waste your money. Four out of six batteries failed in under two years. Lasted just long enough to put them out of warranty."

"★ 1 out of 5 stars. Ken · 6 months ago
JUNK,junk,,,junk
They wont post this but it the truth, bought 6 batteries 2 failed in a month, holes in the bottom and the acid leaked out, Took them back and they was so rude, waited months for a replacement and it never happened, AGAIN,,They wont post this becouse they know it purt JUNK,,,,,Ken"

"★ 1 out of 5 stars. jonjen2 · a year ago
Worst Batteries I have ever had in my golf car.
These are the worst batteries for a golf car that is used for any long distances. TOTAL GARBAGE. Do yourself a favor and spend an additional 20.00 a battery for TROJAN 875's. Or 10.00 more for the BLACK BOX that are Trojan Made; I promise that you will Thank me later. If I could I would have taken them all back and got a refund. But alas they just replace these; Every month I would have a battery get a dead cell, and with one of the 6 like that, the smart charger cooks the rest to death trying to charge the battery bank. The warrantee is only as long as 12 months from date of purchase for the original set. The DURACELL name used to mean something for AA, AAA 9V and D and C cells. But NOT for DEEP CYCLE BATTERIES; HONESTLY DO NOT BUY THESE!"

These are recent, and may reflect more recent manufacturing. There are some positive, through brief, reviews as well.

Does anybody have specific experience with these batteries? No not all batteries are the same. I've had similar failures using deep cycle batteries on my camper.
podryna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:32 PM   #16
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

i have ran Duracell 6 volts in a few different carts .... no issues ... the set i have now is 2016 's i think, and they are getting a little weak as far as run time but i never travel miles from home anyway... crown , trojan , and a few others are much more desirable but not available anywhere near me .....not at at a reasonable price anyway ..
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Duracell batteries are fine. They're made by East Penn, along with the house brands for many auto parts stores.
1 star reviews are often outliers (worst case, bad luck, mistreatment, etc.) or are just purposefully disingenuous.

While they may not be the same quality as some of the "top tier" brands like US Battery or Trojan, I'd fully expect 5 to 6 years or possibly more from them. With good charging and maintenance habits. And for the cost of a whole pack you should be putting some time into regular maintenance and keeping in mind that these batteries do need attention from time to time.
No battery is going to last more than 2 years with poor habits like running the cart until it stops working altogether, or not charging the pack after every use, or not checking the water level in the cells.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:32 AM   #18
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
almost 3 years on duracells 8 volts , so far so good . I keep them charged every night and check the water every two weeks .
Never made it past 3yrs on that set. would never buy again
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 03:44 PM   #19
Ronno6
Gone Wild

I purchased a set in late 16 or early 17. They were made in L and M of 16...
At this time 5 are still pretty strong, and 1 is about .3v low and declines quickly.
I have not always taken the best of cate of them....... I am going with lithium...
Bur, IMO they ain't that bad.......
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:48 PM   #20
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

rarely does one ever post a positive online review, think of anything within ten feet of you that you have left a positive online review for? online reviews are mostly bad because we're mad and want to leave a bad review to warn off peoples. everything has new failures, it's impossible to always sell perfect merchandise. i buy a lot of stuff on amazon, i try to leave a review for everything, even if it's only the star rating, mainly cuz it's easy.

panasonic batteries have a bad rap, yet i had a set in my cart of unknown age, that i ran for another 6 years before i bought new trojans
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car