lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2015, 04:41 PM   #21
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 Medalist speed/torque upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabeer View Post
Went back to look at your journal some more and saw the caption plainly telling me it's 48v. Nice bulldog by the way. We have 2, and they are big fans of riding in the cart.
Mr beer, take a look at this: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...ogs-carts.html
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2015, 06:46 PM   #22
papabeer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you kernal!
That is awesome. I'll have to get a picture or two of me and mine and post them.
papabeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:16 AM   #23
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Oh good Lord!
At 27 miles per I'll be watching for the brakes upgrade in your journal.

Hearing your personal experience with that motor just sold me on it. After these upgrades it'll take me a while, but I'd like to do some of the mods that you have. I'll probably go with a bigger radio though. Other than that I've got a serious case of cart envy.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the gear swap goes for you and what kind of results you get from it.

By the way, what kind of range do you get, and also are you running 36v, or are you at 48?
Range varies with maintenance - biggest tip I can give is to keep batteries watered... I'm very bad at doing so - but if I have a full charge and full water I get about 10 miles - 2 hours of pedal to the floor

I HAVE broken down a few times pushing too far and am now contemplating going the 8x6volt route rather then the 6x8volt I have now.

I'm at 48 volts now - started at 36 - WELL worth the swap
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:58 AM   #24
papabeer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Dela.
I'm sure at some point I'll be going up to 48v. I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions when I do.

I finally got the chance to go through your entire journal. That's a very nice job you did on your cart. I really like the on-board charger.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:22 PM   #25
papabeer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, the kids hastened the death of the controller so I went ahead and replaced everything. Went with the Admiral-B1, SPM 48500 EZ, 400 amp solenoid, 2 gauge wires and the bigger FNR.

So far I'm not too impressed. It looks like I've gained maybe 2 mph and it's still pretty weak.
When I get back in town Thursday I'll hook the computer to the controller and see if there's anything I can tweak. The guy at Alltrax said they come from the factory maxed out, so I'm not real hopeful.
I knew I should have went with the D&D.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:19 AM   #26
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Well, the kids hastened the death of the controller so I went ahead and replaced everything. Went with the Admiral-B1, SPM 48500 EZ, 400 amp solenoid, 2 gauge wires and the bigger FNR.

So far I'm not too impressed. It looks like I've gained maybe 2 mph and it's still pretty weak.
When I get back in town Thursday I'll hook the computer to the controller and see if there's anything I can tweak. The guy at Alltrax said they come from the factory maxed out, so I'm not real hopeful.
I knew I should have went with the D&D.
Yea man - return that red box and go with the D&D!! What made you go with the Admiral anyway?

Get this
D&D 170-006-0001
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:41 PM   #27
papabeer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

That was the other one I was thinking of going with. We use the cart around the neighborhood and there are usually several passengers on it and I was told that this one would have more power to pull people around.

I think I'll give the place a call and see if I can trade it out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO