lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2015, 06:42 AM   #11
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO 36v Electric motor question for use on hills

[QUOTE=JohnnieB;1203842]I prefer to modify my cart in accordance to what I deem acceptable based on well established engineering protocols rather than what accountants and lawyers with little, if any, engineering knowledge begrudgingly allow.

If and when AC drive systems become as versatile and as user maintainable as DC drive systems, I might consider accepting a cart with an AC drive system, if it was given to me. [/QUOTE

I will agree with you that the RXV drive system is not as
Customizable as the D.C. Drive systems.
I would argue that it has several adjustable parameters
That satisfies most user requests.
As for user maintain ability RXV's require
Little maintenance- most of which is easily accomplished
By people with little if any electronic training.
When they start giving RXV's away- please pick one up for me😃
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #12
DCrevenge
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Before I start buying cables, controllers and motors maybe I should just buy a 48v cart. That is my dilemma. I am considering either just doing the upgrades or getting a 48v Club car presedent cart. I am having a hard time understanding what would be the better option. Would a 36v standard dcs TXT ezgo cart pull better uphill with a controller and cables, or would a 48v cart?
DCrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Let me debunk the myth. 48v carts are not faster than 36v carts from the factory. The golf courses where these carts are designed for have a speed limit of 12-14 mph
So all carts come from the factory set up for 12-14 mph. 48v carts are almost all Sepex drive carts.
Sepex carts are people movers. They haul butt with little modification but their weak point is pulling hills on big tires. They produce more speed than torque. They have lower amperage controls. They produce more heat under low speed loads than Series carts.
Series carts produce more torque than speed. They are the traction motors of the DC world. Best at big tires, hills, trailer towing, etc.
The Ezgo DCS cart made for a few years in the late 90s was the first (crossover) Sepex drive cart and it was sort of a cross between the 2 making decent torque and speed...but the stock control had a terrible fatal flaw. This gave the cart a bad name but truth is the flaw was overcome with the Alltrax controls.
With a 400a control this cart will pull hills and do 20 mph on the flats. Keep it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:52 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrevenge View Post
Before I start buying cables, controllers and motors maybe I should just buy a 48v cart. That is my dilemma. I am considering either just doing the upgrades or getting a 48v Club car presedent cart. I am having a hard time understanding what would be the better option. Would a 36v standard dcs TXT ezgo cart pull better uphill with a controller and cables, or would a 48v cart?
If it were mine, I'd upgrade it to run circle around factory 48V sepex drives on hills.

However it isn't mine, but I have been there and done that with a 36V PDS.

Small tires, big motor and 42V = relatively little slowdown on hills.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:24 AM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

[quote] When they start giving (2012.5 & newer) RXV's away- please pick one (many) up for me��[/end quote]. Yeah, i can tune the "stuff" out of them & haul "stuff" with those w/zero dollars. They are pretty awesome (the older ones are sweet too, but not as tune-able).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO