lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
mplsavant
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 TXT - Replaced the Solenoid - next is ?

Hi - first time poster. I have a 96' TXT DCS, been great for the year we've had it. I was going to back out of the garage and realized I had it in "F" and lunged forward, I put the break on quick and at the same time put it in "R" - it did not seem to like that? Now it won't run. I replaced the Solenoid today, still won't run. I am not great at the electrical testing, I've read the diagrams and steps a couple times, I may try it tomorrow (or ask our electrician who is finishing our bsmt). What would be next in terms of normal failure points?

I have a accelerator micro switch ($ coming thinking it could be that. BTW, rusted bolts, not sure how I will get the floor mat up? Would the next be the diode? And then finally the controller and/or motor? Thanks all....Love the cart, want it running again!
mplsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2015, 01:05 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 1996 TXT - Replaced the Solenoid - next is ?

I am not sure what is wrong now, but i am sure you dont want to leave it to your "house electrician" to figure out. Nothing against him, but the cart is different.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:31 AM   #3
mplsavant
Not Yet Wild

I think it must be something with the F/R as last night it ran just fine...seemed even faster with the new solenoid (but that is probably in my head). This morning it ran fine, I stopped it, went to put in R and it did nothing, nor when I went back to F. I'll have to search on how to clean the F/R, maybe it is that?
Old 09-16-2015, 08:35 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The F&R has one micro switch for forward and one for reverse. When it does not run you can test the switch to see if it's gone bad. Your electrician can perform a continuity test on the reverse micro switch - it's not rocket science.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #5
mplsavant
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 1996 TXT - Replaced the Solenoid - next is ?

Thanks all and to the forum overall. I figured since it was intermittent it must be something loose or something. Looked at the reed switch today and about 2/3rds of it was actually corroded off and overall very loose. Did the bypass and all good, up and running with no issues.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO