lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #1
ScottAu
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Rear End Noise

I have a 2000.5 Electric Cub Car DS that is making a rattling noise when going slow at certain speeds and goes away when under full power but seams to vibrate. Does this in forward and reverse. Does not make the noise while coasting. Sounds like it is coming from the outside wheel axle while jacked up but hard to tell. Would think this would either be the motor or graziano transaxle. Trying to isolate the problem before I start taking things apart.
ScottAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Club Car Rear End Noise

Same model of cart...problem was rear bearing in motor...6203 bearing. Rear bearing retainer is a pain but a longer 8/32 screw allows you to pull the retainer up while starting the other screw...good luck.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:50 PM   #3
ScottAu
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Rear End Noise

Was looking at the Motor Centering Kit - AM10039. Will check with Revolution golf carts and make sure this will work on my motor since this has a bearing with the kit.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #4
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the same problem same symptoms. It turned out to be the decorative center rim cover/hub cap. Grab it and try to twist it. If its loose that's the source of your problem.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #5
ScottAu
Not Yet Wild

I received the Motor Centering Kit - AM10039 in the mail today so I took the motor off and got it dissembled and this is what the armature and brushes looked like. The commutator is worn and grooved and the brushes were not seated on the armature all the was so the bottom end of the brushes has a tab from not contacting the commutator and are grooved. Can the brushes be cleaned and smoothed. I assume I need to have the armature turn or just replace the bearing and put the motor centering kit on. Not sure I there is anyone close by me that can turn the commutator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160813_134400.jpg (214.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160813_134416.jpg (205.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #6
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Your ok on brushes and armature. Don't worry about the groves in the brushes. Armature you can clean up yourself or send it out-your call.
For me, I'm not a big fan of changing the motor bearing and the installation of the kit, I find it tends to make some noise sometimes.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:29 PM   #7
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I think there is a problem with the brushes because of the lip...but you can file them or use a dremmel and get the lip off...you can chuck the armature up and smooth the edge with Emory cloth or get it turned...but what I wonder is why the brushes are running off the edge of the commutator? It's like the bearing was not seated or the retainer wasn't tight and allowed the armature to be out of position? I think we need some input on why that is happening...
Old 08-13-2016, 06:46 PM   #8
ScottAu
Not Yet Wild

I am not sure why the brushes were not completely seated on the commutator either. Not sure if the motor centering kit will help this or if there is something not right with bearing.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:31 AM   #9
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Check the number on the bearing...should be a 6203...then check the rear housing where the bearing rides and make sure the housing isn't worn-out or damaged in some way. Between the rear housing and the bearing retainer that should position the armature. Also make sure brush holder assembly is not damaged or loose.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:58 AM   #10
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Ive seen that where the brush gets and edge- clean it up, seat it, and see where the brushes ride-make sure the bearing is not loose on the end of the armature shaft. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car