lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #21
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: surging issues

That serial number tells us it is indeed a 1999 DS series cart. Should be the Kawasaki designed FE290 engine. Common as dirt. Yes Club Car did use 350 & 400 cc versions of that same engine, but mostly in the other models (Villagers, Carryalls, etc).
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2016, 10:15 PM   #22
FlatlanderKS
Not Yet Wild

hey thanks, Sad News, the wash on the clutch didn't help so sounds like a pull and rebuild. There is a loud tink tink tink when the clutch first engages so guessing one or more of the buttons and springs are shot. It"s always something right. Been looking for a good youtube video on rebuild. Stay warm up there in North Indy, be in touch again
FlatlanderKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:21 AM   #23
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

They're actually relatively simple to rebuild. I've had a few apart and they're really not that complicated. You'll need the clutch puller bolt (to remove the clutch), and a three-bolt puller to take it apart.

Here's the clutch puller you need to get the clutch off the motor:
http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-804...1988-2002.aspx

I rebuilt one once with the clutch still on the motor...but the motor was already out of the cart (otherwise the frame rails would have made it impossible to get the three-bolt puller mounted).
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:36 AM   #24
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

And seeing now as how your drive clutch seems to be sticking, this may be related to your surging issue. If that outer clutch sheave is sticking or getting hung up, your belt could be losing tension off and on while you're driving, which could definitely cause a surge.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #25
FlatlanderKS
Not Yet Wild

thanks all, Local Cart repair place and a 30 pack should get the clutch off and apart. Knowing these guys might take two 30's but worth it, not buying a tool I may never use again.. Springbok hope you are right! Meimk, thanks for all the info and support. Will let you all know how it goes as it goes. FlatlanderKS
Old 12-05-2016, 09:19 PM   #26
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatlanderKS View Post
thanks all, Local Cart repair place and a 30 pack should get the clutch off and apart. Knowing these guys might take two 30's but worth it, not buying a tool I may never use again.. Springbok hope you are right! Meimk, thanks for all the info and support. Will let you all know how it goes as it goes. FlatlanderKS
Yeah I bought the overpriced clutch removal tool. It broke after 3-5 uses (granted, I was using an impact gun). I can still use it by rigging the broken pieces together, but still annoying.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:13 PM   #27
FlatlanderKS
Not Yet Wild

Been a while to get back on, been to busy and toooo cold to work on the cart. Will get back on it soon. You all have a Good New Year!
Old 12-27-2016, 07:41 PM   #28
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

You too!
Old 01-30-2017, 07:14 PM   #29
FlatlanderKS
Not Yet Wild

Evening all, just got back from a fishing trip to Costa Rica, going to miss that 80 degree temp. Cart stuff, got the clutch off, didn't know the bolt was left hand thread. Kept trying to impact the bolt off, thought well lets try left hand and wham it came right out. Cart place didn't have the puller to separate the clutch so guess going to try and make one. Any suggestions there would be helpful. Moving slow on rebuild but moving forward. Hope all is well.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:36 AM   #30
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

To split the clutch apart all you need is a three-bolt puller, I'm pretty sure you can rent one from your local auto parts store (around here we have Autozone and Advance Auto Parts, and they both do tool rental). Remember what meimk said earlier, be sure not to try and lube the inside clutch parts with grease, these clutches are meant to be run dry.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car