lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installing a 48>12v reducer and fuse block on a DS for and by a Dummy - Step by S

Your best bet is to cut the wires and either:
Solder the 10 gauge wire directly to the Converter wires.

Crimp the appropriate gauge 0.250" quick connector terminals to both the Convert wires and to the 10 gauge wires.

You would need an "open-barrel" crimper for the weatherpack type connectors, and different size pin/sockets due to the wire size difference.

Those connectors are also not designed for power distribution so they can only handle 20 amps.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2017, 04:39 PM   #12
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installing a 48>12v reducer and fuse block on a DS for and by a Dummy - Step by S

Right idea but as Sergio said not heavy enough for 30 amps. Not sure how much you envision drawing from the reducer but I'm sure there are heavier connectors out there if you need them.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:01 PM   #13
MnGolfer
Not Yet Wild

I was thinking of buying the same reducer from ScottieB's. but I noticed there aren't any comments from him as far as help installing. Thinking I'll go else where.
MnGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:29 PM   #14
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

The reducer comes with a VERY easy to understand wiring diagram IN COLOUR no less. Makes it very simple to install.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #15
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGolfer View Post
I was thinking of buying the same reducer from ScottieB's. but I noticed there aren't any comments from him as far as help installing. Thinking I'll go else where.
i could show you tens of dozens of his helping with installs ....
but with 61,147 Posts by scottyb i'll let you search for them
Old 04-02-2017, 07:19 PM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
You get what you pay for.

On edit I have to speak up. I bought one of Scotty's reducers a year or so ago. It came with good instruction. I could not get it to work right so I figured I would just have to eat it. Never heard of anyone taking electronics back after they had been hooked up. I had worked on electronic equipment for years. I called ScottyB and told him it didn't work for me but never ask to return it. He had me ship it to him so he could check it out. I did and he returned my money, I've never heard of that. Btw the reducer worked on his test bench. As for me I have no problem buying from any of our site sponsors, or making a donation to the web site.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
I can't speak for him but, I'm sure he's glad of that. Are you sure you don't live in VA?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #18
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
You get what you pay for.

On edit I have to speak up. I bought one of Scotty's reducers a year or so ago. It came with good instruction. I could not get it to work right so I figured I would just have to eat it. Never heard of anyone taking electronics back after they had been hooked up. I had worked on electronic equipment for years. I called ScottyB and told him it didn't work for me but never ask to return it. He had me ship it to him so he could check it out. I did and he returned my money, I've never heard of that. Btw the reducer worked on his test bench. As for me I have no problem buying from any of our site sponsors, or making a donation to the web site.
Wow! Now I learn. My reducer from Scotty smoked and died as soon as I turned the key on. With nothing connected to it yet I might add. I assumed no returns on electrical and was so mad at china I flattened/cubed it in my press and threw it out! Felt good though! One more reason why Scotty's the MAN!
Old 04-02-2017, 09:15 PM   #19
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Wow! Now I learn. My reducer from Scotty smoked and died as soon as I turned the key on. With nothing connected to it yet I might add. I assumed no returns on electrical and was so mad at china I flattened/cubed it in my press and threw it out! Felt good though! One more reason why Scotty's the MAN!
Scotty was responsive to the questions I had and gave me good, timely info. I'd buy from him again, and I thought it was worth paying a bit more vs Amazon for a "tech support hotline."
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:31 PM   #20
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car