lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2017, 06:37 AM   #1
RowdyCart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default How to choose a controler for my purpose?

I just bought my 2009 Yamaha mostly (80%) for a campground ride. The other lil bit of use will be for the ranch and, towing a small trailer a short distance. So I am simply asking; how do I make a judgement of my purchase of a controller for my use?

Thank you in advance.
RowdyCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2017, 06:44 AM   #2
rstarost
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How to choose a controler for my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyCart View Post
I just bought my 2009 Yamaha mostly (80%) for a campground ride. The other lil bit of use will be for the ranch and, towing a small trailer a short distance. So I am simply asking; how do I make a judgement of my purchase of a controller for my use?

Thank you in advance.
Go to cartsunlimited.com...send email to scottyb

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
rstarost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:01 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 09 Yamaha Drive is equipped with a Hitachi motor which can not take a lot of abuse. 400 amps is the maximum size controller this cart should have unless you plan to upgrade the motor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:49 PM   #4
RowdyCart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Scotty, I am simply trying to think some things out now, for a possibility winter project. I am looking for an upgrade, however not an over kill.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #5
RowdyCart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Scottb; If their is something that you can put me through school about the Hitachi motors and Yamaha
Controlers, and point to the right improved aftermarket, I am listening.
I just know that I am looking for improvement from 2 seater and golf clubs to, a 4 seater with a trailer hitch for camping black/grey water and other small trailer details. I am not looking to have a golf cart become a hot rod or replace tractors and bulldozers and become a battery burner.
Thank you in advance.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:19 PM   #6
Darkfox21
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Trying to find info for my 2015 g29 and came across your post. I’m only looking for torque. Any updates from your original post?
Darkfox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:02 AM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Same answer, the stock Hitachi motor isn't very tough. A 400a Alltrax controller and some 4g cables is the max you can do with a stock motor, will nearly double torque, but only from a stop & low speeds. Will not much help top speed, or loss of speed up a hill. Bigger off-road tires will hasten the motors demise.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:18 AM   #8
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Call Don Plowman of Plowman's Carts. He' a site sponsor and ask him about his Riot Kit. He can tune it for speed, torque or both. You won't be disappointed.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax XCT400 and a 200 solenoid is all that's needed to get the maximum torque and speed (20-22 mph) out of the stock motor. Our test cart is doing great on this set up.
Beyond the stock motor are many aftermarket options. Higher torque and speed motors are available from Admiral and FSIP. Both will work with the 400 XCT or the 500 amp XCT.
If you are looking for big torque on a budget. Get the XCT500 with the 400 solenoid now and have it turned down to 400 specs for use with the stock motor now and then crank it up with the free software when you get the 2g cables and big motor later.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:46 AM   #10
oceantrav
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The Alltrax XCT400 and a 200 solenoid is all that's needed to get the maximum torque and speed (20-22 mph) out of the stock motor. Our test cart is doing great on this set up.
Beyond the stock motor are many aftermarket options. Higher torque and speed motors are available from Admiral and FSIP. Both will work with the 400 XCT or the 500 amp XCT.
If you are looking for big torque on a budget. Get the XCT500 with the 400 solenoid now and have it turned down to 400 specs for use with the stock motor now and then crank it up with the free software when you get the 2g cables and big motor later.
How much is a xct400 and 200 solenoid, and where is the best place to purchase?

Got a 2014 Yamaha with new Trojans, only goes like 11mph, and struggles pulling my John boat out the boat ramp. My 2015 Yamaha gas I had went about 15moh, and pulled the bot easily. Not sure if I should get another gas or not
oceantrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha