lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #1
e5earley
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 budget upgrade

Picked up my first cart this week. 94 model G9, 36v. Plan to add lift and new wheels and tires once I get all the drive items taken care of. Cart currently runs, all 6 batteries show 6.7 volts after charging. With the exception of one new Trojan that was added, all the batteries are several years old. I am replacing all the cables with 4g welding cable and plan to load test each battery this evening.

Now my question. I have 8 additional batteries that are 6 volt that came off a scissor lift. I was thinking of adding 2 additional 6 volt batteries to bump me up to 48 volt. From reading on here I believe I will need to upgrade the solenoid and controller from the stock unit. But...I have an old forklift with bad batteries that we were getting ready to scrap. I'm thinking I could pull the solenoid, controller, and possibly the forward/reverse contactor and use it on the cart. Might even migrate the forward/reverse lever from the forklift steering column over to the cart. Thoughts?
e5earley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
e5earley
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G9 budget upgrade

Ok. Looks like I will need some new batts. The voltage readings I took was right after charging. After sitting overnight all the batts read 6.0 volts with the exception of the one new one which reads 6.3.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
e5earley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:51 PM   #3
Bop4
Not Yet Wild

I'm looking at a 1994 Yamaha electric this week for a build. It appears from your post that you are doing what I intend to do. Have you run into any issues such as parts availabilty or excessively expensive parts for yours? My plan is to add a rear seat, new wheels and tires, heavy duty springs, new batteries and an Altrex controller. Hopefully the motor is still good or I'll replace that as well.
Bop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Since you are going Alltrax controller, you should strongly consider going with a 48v battery pack as well. That alone will get you 33% more speed and torque, not even considering the torque increase from the higher amp controller. Stock motor is compatible with 48v. 48v also opens up options for many 48v clubcar performance motors that are a direct bolt on to your axle. You would also need a 48v charger & solenoid.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha