lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #11
Airpirate
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g22ey

Correction it moves slightly forward and reverse when the accelerator is depressed. Charging the pack now to see if that helps.
Airpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #12
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I certainly hope that it does. From the voltage I think it's on the low side of 50% charged but that won't matter if the cart still won't move. I should try my cart with the speed sensor unplugged and see what it does. The controller is shutting itself down for some reason. Could be shorted motor, etc. I assume your solenoid clicks when you hit the accel pedal, and also that you get the buzzer in reverse? Maybe a bad throttle sensor. Hard to say yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #13
Airpirate
Not Yet Wild

I tried measuring throttle voltage on the controller at pin 7 with the controller unplugged it reas zero. Does the controller have to be plugged in to read pin 7?
Old 11-03-2017, 11:26 AM   #14
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpirate View Post
I tried measuring throttle voltage on the controller at pin 7 with the controller unplugged it reas zero. Does the controller have to be plugged in to read pin 7?

Yes if you're looking for the variable voltage signal 0-5v or the other one 5-0v then you need everything plugged in and turned on. Please jack up the drive axle so you don't run yourself over.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #15
Airpirate
Not Yet Wild

While the pack is charging I ohmed out the throttle sensor, everything reads well. Hoping the charge will take care of the problem. When I got the cart the pack was disconnected but I went through all the cables and they are sound so hoping the charge was just too low. Ill let you know what I find and thanks for all your help.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:31 PM   #16
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Awesome thank you

Old 11-03-2017, 01:05 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Incorrect. All G22e used a 0-5000 ohm throttle, not 0-5v, and can be tested with controller unplugged.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:08 PM   #18
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Incorrect. All G22e used a 0-5000 ohm throttle, not 0-5v, and can be tested with controller unplugged.

The FSIP troubleshooting instructions I provided say to test for voltage at the controller that has gone through the throttle. This also tests the wiring at the same time.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #19
Airpirate
Not Yet Wild

I rang out the throttle pot from the controller connector. Didnt know the values but it wasnt open, the jumper appears to be in place and the resistance changes when I depress the pedal. The cart moves slightly forward and aft when the pedal is depressed. This cart had been over a speed bump when it quit working. I placed it in reverse and gently depressed the pedal just to the point where it would move, if I didnt advance it from there I could back up for 25 feet, where I placed it back in fwd and the same is true then if I just barely press the pedal until it begins to drive it will go,if i depress it further it quits. My next move is to pull the throttle pot and inspect for damage. Thanks to all for your information and support.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #20
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you need one let me know. I have an extra. My cart came missing the throttle pot linkage but with the pot itself. So I ended up with spare pedals and a spare pot.

Tags
wiring diagram
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha