lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Jerks and Stops

Sergio,

I had him set the Charger interlock mode to "Floating" on the XCT. Any reason why this wouldn't take care of the issue?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2017, 04:43 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know one test does not make a trend... but wow, 495 amps when you stepped on the pedal and the signal was clean the entire time.

Do a few more test runs and if it works without problems, you can permanently by-pass the OBC lockout while still use it for charging.
Cut the Blue wire about 1 inch from the OBC body and put electrical tape on the piece coming from the OBC.

Strip some of the insulation off the white wire and splice the Blue wire into the White wire.

Put electrical tape on the splice

Plug the 6-pin connector back to the harness and enjoy your cart.
PS: Always disconnect the batteries when doing electrical work near the Controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:55 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Sergio,

I had him set the Charger interlock mode to "Floating" on the XCT. Any reason why this wouldn't take care of the issue?
Somehow the log showed this strange "charging" status during the run and the Controller went into Regen.

I need to check my Alltrax when I get home, I have some different recollection on how those settings work so I want to confirm something.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #24
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I had the same problem, the cart would jerk and jump sometimes. I found a battery cable connection loose on my solenoid. It could be any of them.

Took me checking them two times to find it.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #25
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

I learned the hard way to disconnect the batteries. That's how I got the Alltrax controller.
blfinche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just tested my XCT 500 IQ model to make sure it worked the way I remembered, it is possible is not the same on every model (Ezgo, Yamaha, etc) or even earlier firmware versions for the IQ, but the interlock options are:

Disable the Controller when interlock input signal (user 3) is:
Floating/NC (not connected)
This is the correct setting You need for proper operation when the OBC is functioning, it disables the Controller when the charger is plugged and the OBC floats the signal on the Blue wire.

High/Low
If You try this settings the interlock will work in reverse (drive only while charger is plugged) since the OBC signal on the blue wire is high when the charger is unplugged.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #27
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
I had the same problem, the cart would jerk and jump sometimes. I found a battery cable connection loose on my solenoid. It could be any of them.

Took me checking them two times to find it.
I think I have checked them every day hoping to find a loose connection somewhere. :) I'm crossing my fingers on the last suggestion from Sergio.anks

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #28
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

I've drove the cart for 13.5 miles this morning with multiple stops of varying length. I didn't have a single instance of jerkiness. I will drive it for the next few days and hope we can count this as solved.

Does this sound like a good mileage for my setup? I attached a screenshot of my drive.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13.5MileDrive.jpg (30.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did You already cut and splice the Blue wire I mentioned on a previous post so You can plug the OBC in order to charge the batteries?

It is important not to let the batteries sit overnight on a discharged state.

You should also enable the speed sensor, set the max rpm to like 5,000rpm and check Turbo ON.

What do you mean by "good mileage"?

We don't know the battery SOC after 13.5 miles to judge "range", and that graph appears to be average speeds a certain intervals.

The speed sensor needs to be enabled for the Controller optimum operation and you need to know if that motor has a 4-pole or 8-pole magnet.

It does appear the "lockout" signal can cause some strange and not so obvious issues with the Alltrax controller, so I guess all of us (including Alltrax tech support) will learn something from your troubles
Old 12-14-2017, 12:50 PM   #30
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have already cut and spliced the wires. The cart is on the charger after my ride this morning. My speed sensor is enabled, RPM set, and turbo is on.

I started that ride with a full charge. I don't think I had much more left in the batteries. I was just wondering what kind of mileage people are getting on this kind of setup.

I appreciate all of your help. Do you work on carts or is this just a hobby for you?

Also, what does the "lockout" signal control?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car