lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Turf1 carryall barely moves

Samantha Lacy,

ThreeCW had an excellent suggestion on where to buy a replacement OBC. By looking at your serial number, it appears that you have a series-drive system. This can be identified by the "lever" operated F&R switch. If you have this switch, you'll need to order OBC #101909901.

As for the charging, you can charge it like this, but be aware that the charger will continue to run and it will never turn off if you leave this jumper in place. It needs to be fixed correctly for long term usage.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #12
Samantha Lacy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys, I would like to fix it properly but am just wanting to get it charged to the point where it will actually move under its own power. I charged it for two hours last night and it still would barely surge an inch forward then stop.

Would you recommend replacing the obc with the stock unit? Looking at your website I am wondering if we would be better off with the bypass kit and a Lester charger to keep the batteries in better shape. Does the obc only control charging? Nothing to do with speed or communicating to the motor?
Samantha Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The OBC controls charging and provides a ground to the solenoid. The only reason it does this is because it has a solenoid interlock feature that prohibits the car from running while charging. If you do the OBC bypass, the safety interlock will not work.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #14
Samantha Lacy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will just keep it bypassed like this for now and let my husband decide if we should replace obc or permanently bypass. If thats all we lose is the interlock I think it will be worth it to get a newer smaller charger. I especially think the winter mode will be helpful for us as we dont have a heated garage.

Bypassing the obc to charge it I got the pack to 61.5 volts (I meant to stop it at 60) but the cart still only moves an inch or so then acts like it doesnt have enough power to move. If I help push it with the pedal depressed it will move and is significantly easier than just pushing the cart in neutral but I still have to give it assistance. Is this a completely separate issue?
Samantha Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car