lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #11
ferdabutt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 gas yamaha loses power

Have you checked for air leaks?
ferdabutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2018, 06:11 PM   #12
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcart View Post
Still no good it runs fine neutral but put it n gear will go for a bit and starts boging down let it idle and go again the hoter the motor get the worst it runs thanks for your help i bought it and not been able to ride it been in and out of shop
Sounds like a classic ignition problem. the coil or the electronic ignition module breaking down with heat. Been there on several occasions over the years on several different engines.

'The hotter it gets the worse it is,' is what tips me off as an ignition problem
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #13
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Debris under the engine shrouds, clogging the cooling fins on the cylinder head, will cause the engine to run hot. It happens...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:55 PM   #14
robcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by david maner View Post
sounds like a classic ignition problem. The coil or the electronic ignition module breaking down with heat. Been there on several occasions over the years on several different engines.

'the hotter it gets the worse it is,' is what tips me off as an ignition problem
everytime i put in shop its something new i have put new coil and cdi this thing driveing me crazy thanks for your help
robcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #15
robcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in va View Post
debris under the engine shrouds, clogging the cooling fins on the cylinder head, will cause the engine to run hot. It happens...
thanks ill check that out
Old 01-17-2018, 08:58 PM   #16
robcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdabutt View Post
have you checked for air leaks?
give me more info on air links new to golf carts
Old 01-17-2018, 09:06 PM   #17
robcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in va View Post
debris under the engine shrouds, clogging the cooling fins on the cylinder head, will cause the engine to run hot. It happens...
ok it was dirty a lit but cleaned it started it up drove it for abut 100 yards then it starts no power put in neutal reb it up lot of power put in gear no power
Old 01-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #18
ferdabutt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It very well could be an ignition problem, but just for sh;+$ and giggles take some starter fluid or carb cleaner and spray around the carb. Be careful not to get any in the carb. She if you get any noticable change in rpm. Also what color is the spark plug when you pulled it?
ferdabutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #19
robcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdabutt View Post
it very well could be an ignition problem, but just for sh;+$ and giggles take some starter fluid or carb cleaner and spray around the carb. Be careful not to get any in the carb. She if you get any noticable change in rpm. Also what color is the spark plug when you pulled it?
no change but like i say start it up runs like new put it n gear no power i have put new coil/carb/plug/cdi unit/fuel pump/new fuel line
Old 01-19-2018, 08:00 AM   #20
robcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I can ride it for 200 ft before this starts the hotter it get it want go let it idle for a min it will go for 50 ft stong and like its running out of gas bbbut its pump gas to the carb i have pull the line right then thanks for all the help

Tags
gas yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha