lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #11
Khart21
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Clubcar charger won't shut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yeah. Sorry. Saturday evenings at a restaurant is not my most focused time of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you recommend? I’m looking at chargers on eBay and probably bypassing the computer. Are there any that are better than others?

Khart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I wouldn't get one off eBay....

The man you have been talking to sells them and is a site sponsor here. He will recommend a DPI Accusense or something similar. Call him on Monday - here is his site. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/store
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #13
Khart21
Not Yet Wild

Default Clubcar charger won't shut off

As far as bypassing the obc goes does anybody have a wiring diagram that removes the obc? I read I can leave everything in and just run a new main ground around it instead of through it and a smart charger will work. Truth to that?

Old 02-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #14
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khart21 View Post
As far as bypassing the obc goes does anybody have a wiring diagram that removes the obc? I read I can leave everything in and just run a new main ground around it instead of through it and a smart charger will work. Truth to that?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...excel-obc.html
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #15
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

There is more to it than just running another ground wire around the OBC and leaving everything else the same. Follow the sticky that Gazoo posted.

There was a poster the other day with a new (to him) cart who had a problem with his pack which turned out to be caused (or exacerbated) by having an additional wire like that. So it seems that there is some bad advice floating around out there about how to bypass the OBC.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #16
Khart21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
There is more to it than just running another ground wire around the OBC and leaving everything else the same. Follow the sticky that Gazoo posted.

There was a poster the other day with a new (to him) cart who had a problem with his pack which turned out to be caused (or exacerbated) by having an additional wire like that. So it seems that there is some bad advice floating around out there about how to bypass the OBC.

Does that post apply to all club car models? I saw several thing about a 6 pin connector. Mine only has a three pin connector.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:50 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Does that post apply to all club car models? I saw several thing about a 6 pin connector. Mine only has a three pin connector.

Remove the small yellow wire from the solenoid. Install a new wire from this location to the B- (Negative) post of the controller. Locate the negative cable on the back of the charger receptacle. Remove it. Use a new 10 gauge wire and run it from this location to the B- (Negative) post of the controller. That's all there is to it. At this point the OBC can be un-plugged and removed entirely from the cart.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:36 AM   #18
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Remove the small yellow wire from the solenoid. Install a new wire from this location to the B- (Negative) post of the controller. Locate the negative cable on the back of the charger receptacle. Remove it. Use a new 10 gauge wire and run it from this location to the B- (Negative) post of the controller. That's all there is to it. At this point the OBC can be un-plugged and removed entirely from the cart.
Thanks David, I was hoping you'd chime in.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #19
Khart21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Awesome information. Thanks.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car