lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
Jdrucker66
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 Yamaha G29 Charging Question

My neighbor down the street has a 2013 Yamaha(Electric, I think G29)with 6-8V battery setup. After the charger runs a full cycle, 4 of his batteries read fully charged at 8.49V, but the other 2 only charge up to 7.95V. The batteries are new, stamped E7 on the terminal, and we aren’t sure if those two baterries are toast, or is the charger cutting off early. The charger is a Yamaha 48V charger. Also, two weeks ago one of the LED headlights quit working. Not sure if that is related or not. Any opinions on whether he needs a new charger, or are the batteries dying?

Thank you all.
Jdrucker66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2018, 06:49 AM   #2
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 Yamaha G29 Charging Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdrucker66 View Post
My neighbor down the street has a 2013 Yamaha(Electric, I think G29)with 6-8V battery setup. After the charger runs a full cycle, 4 of his batteries read fully charged at 8.49V, but the other 2 only charge up to 7.95V. The batteries are new, stamped E7 on the terminal, and we aren’t sure if those two baterries are toast, or is the charger cutting off early. The charger is a Yamaha 48V charger. Also, two weeks ago one of the LED headlights quit working. Not sure if that is related or not. Any opinions on whether he needs a new charger, or are the batteries dying?

Thank you all.

I would charge the two 7.95 batteries individually and see if they can reach 8.49v.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha