lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #1
scotthons
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed Code??

Hello. I purchased a 2012 G29 last week. It will be used on a golf course. It is stock and I found that it runs really slow. I have done some research and it appears the cheapest and easiest way to increase the speed is to have the dealer do a PTV speed code and that can help increase it to about 19MPH. My only concern is there are a few places where there are some decent inclines that I would have to go up from a dead stop. Would the adjustment cause any problems?

I am not looking to change out the controller or motor later on to make it any faster. 19mph would be perfect.

Thank you!
scotthons is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
stoleno
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Speed Code??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthons View Post
Hello. I purchased a 2012 G29 last week. It will be used on a golf course. It is stock and I found that it runs really slow. I have done some research and it appears the cheapest and easiest way to increase the speed is to have the dealer do a PTV speed code and that can help increase it to about 19MPH. My only concern is there are a few places where there are some decent inclines that I would have to go up from a dead stop. Would the adjustment cause any problems?

I am not looking to change out the controller or motor later on to make it any faster. 19mph would be perfect.

Thank you!

My experience with my 2010 ydre g29
The stock motor was almost worthless even with a upgraded controller
Altrax xtc48400
But maybe you have a better stock motor.. I’m not sure what year they changed or if they ever did get better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stoleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

All DC motor YDRE have same Hitachi motor. And speed code does not affect torque at all, only unlocks more top speed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #4
tkj1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

my 2010 ydre came with a GE motor
tkj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkj1 View Post
my 2010 ydre came with a GE motor
That isn't the factory motor.

Look up your cart stock motor here.
https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-cat...-motor-company
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha