lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Club Car Carryall 2 throttle question

I just got a 2000 CC Carryall turf 2 with the Kawasaki FE350 engine and while working on getting it running, I noticed that the plastic block rotated by the throttle pedal doesn’t trigger the microswitches until the pedal is almost done traveling.

Let me word this more clearly- the solenoid doesn’t click until the pedal is almost floored. Is that right? I thought the microswitches should click almost immediately so the throttle travel could have the biggest effect on the engine.

Seems like too much lost motion as it is. Thanks.

Luke

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2018, 06:10 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Carryall 2 throttle question

There should only be about 1" of travel before the microswitches energize the solenoid.
It's a pretty easy adjustment as long as the accelerator rod ends aren't too rusty.

There's a metal rod that runs from the Go pedal, to the bottom of the black box with the micros in it, (Electrical Components Box)
each end of the rod has a "ball and socket" connector with a spring operated slide retainer.

ball end.jpg

ball end retainer.jpg

Key off, and jack the rear end off of the ground...

The spring operated retainer slides TOWARDS the lock nut to remove it from the ball end, then your able to remove the rod from the cart.
Making note of the location of the sockets by marking the rod with a Sharpy, loosen the lock nuts and turn BOTH of the rod ends OUT 1 turn each,
reinstall the rod without the lock nuts tight and test for throttle position, and repeat the adjustment as necessary to the desired throttle position,
Note... if the rod ends are too far out, the starter will run when the key is turned on without the pedal pressed, readjust both ends 1 or 2 turns IN until it wont!
tighten down the lock nuts making sure the sockets sit straight on the ball on both ends.

Rust makes this REALLY difficult most of the time, because the retainer won't slide very easily... IF... at all.
There are times where the socket retainer may have to be damaged and replaced to make this adjustment.

Hope this helps!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
There should only be about 1" of travel before the microswitches energize the solenoid.
It's a pretty easy adjustment as long as the accelerator rod ends aren't too rusty.

There's a metal rod that runs from the Go pedal, to the bottom of the black box with the micros in it, (Electrical Components Box)
each end of the rod has a "ball and socket" connector with a spring operated slide retainer.

Attachment 174122

Attachment 174123

Key off, and jack the rear end off of the ground...

The spring operated retainer slides TOWARDS the lock nut to remove it from the ball end, then your able to remove the rod from the cart.
Making note of the location of the sockets by marking the rod with a Sharpy, loosen the lock nuts and turn BOTH of the rod ends OUT 1 turn each,
reinstall the rod without the lock nuts tight and test for throttle position, and repeat the adjustment as necessary to the desired throttle position,
Note... if the rod ends are too far out, the starter will run when the key is turned on without the pedal pressed, readjust both ends 1 or 2 turns IN until it wont!
tighten down the lock nuts making sure the sockets sit straight on the ball on both ends.

Rust makes this REALLY difficult most of the time, because the retainer won't slide very easily... IF... at all.
There are times where the socket retainer may have to be damaged and replaced to make this adjustment.

Hope this helps!

That’s very helpful. Thank you!

Old 08-18-2018, 07:53 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I should have added, this adjustment will speed the cart up, so it may bounce off of the rev limiter,
If it does, you may need to adjust the throttle cable coming out of the ECB also!

Old 08-18-2018, 07:55 AM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since this was a maintenance cart, I’m wondering if maybe somebody purposely slowed it down. The engine is currently not in running condition anyway but I am going through things one at a time.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:12 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Since this was a maintenance cart, I’m wondering if maybe somebody purposely slowed it down....

Yup... that was my initial thought also!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car