lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2018, 09:26 PM   #11
HemiED
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 96 Club Car DS Gas won't crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Ok, that's a bit different.
Probably want to start by checking the fuse in the electrical box.
The solenoid is in there as well, so you can check that to see if it's clicking.
Also there's a micro-switch in there on the throttle cam, you may be hearing that click if it's a very faint click.

There's a yellow wheel on the back of the FnR switch. Pull it out and spin it 180° to put it in maintenance mode so you can do all of your testing with the cart in neutral.
Thanks, the fuse was fine and I was able to hear a click. You have been a lot of help, very much appreciated!
HemiED is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2018, 11:49 AM   #12
HemiED
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Well, it is the starter generator. Never seen one this dead, but it is. When I bypassed the solenoid, it faintly tried to turn when I manually tried to move the pulley.

Brushes and a clean up of the commutator should do the trick.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #13
fireman3589
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My daughter was driving my newly acquired 92 CC and it stopped with a loud squeal in the engine compartment. After many parts replaced, I couldn't get it to crank past the compression stroke. I had battery tested, and tested solenoid, and all was good. Took starter/alternator off to check brushes and found bearing locked up on the shaft. Modified a Harbor Freight three prong puller to get bearings off, and runs like a top. May not be your prob, but hope this may help someone else one day,
fireman3589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #14
HemiED
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman3589 View Post
My daughter was driving my newly acquired 92 CC and it stopped with a loud squeal in the engine compartment. After many parts replaced, I couldn't get it to crank past the compression stroke. I had battery tested, and tested solenoid, and all was good. Took starter/alternator off to check brushes and found bearing locked up on the shaft. Modified a Harbor Freight three prong puller to get bearings off, and runs like a top. May not be your prob, but hope this may help someone else one day,
I got it running after rebuilding the starter/generator. This thing is a nightmare to work on since it has a box on the back that doesn't lift up. It is a nice cart though, I am impressed with the quality of the Club Car.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car