lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2018, 11:27 PM   #11
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Radio cutting out going down hills

Are you using a voltage reducer, or do you have it wired to 2 batteries?
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2018, 12:18 AM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedeman19 View Post
Accelerating, I have a steep driveway and radio plays while on steep driveway
I'm trying to understand this after your first post.

Are you saying that the radio works while accelerating uphill, but cuts out going downhill? When going downhill, are you braking, coasting, or pressing the go pedal?

Is the bluetooth going through a radio wired to the cart, or is it a wireless speaker type radio?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:19 AM   #13
joedeman19
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
I'm trying to understand this after your first post.

Are you saying that the radio works while accelerating uphill, but cuts out going downhill? When going downhill, are you braking, coasting, or pressing the go pedal?

Is the bluetooth going through a radio wired to the cart, or is it a wireless speaker type radio?
Yes, the radio works going uphill and flat always. When I am in the middle of going downhill (coasting or still mashing the gas pedal) it shuts down and then 10 seconds later it comes back on. The radio is a bluetooth enabled radio and is wired to the cart (normal head unit). I assume its wired to the voltage reducer, need to ensure that. The light kit and underbody lights both work always and never dim when the radio cuts off.

It is not wired to 2 batteries.
joedeman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #14
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yes, the radio works going uphill and flat always
So what's the only thing different when going downhill. Regen braking. Turn it off or maybe you have your max voltage setting too low in the Alltrax software. It should be about 60v.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:37 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Interesting issue, a few more questions for clarification.

When You say the Radio "cuts off", do You mean it just stops playing or does the display turn OFF as well (power down)?

Assuming You are using Your phone to connect to the Radio's bluetooth, is the content you playing locally stored on the phone or are you streaming (Google, pandora, spotify, etc...)?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:42 AM   #16
joedeman19
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Interesting issue, a few more questions for clarification.

When You say the Radio "cuts off", do You mean it just stops playing or does the display turn OFF as well (power down)?

Assuming You are using Your phone to connect to the Radio's bluetooth, is the content you playing locally stored on the phone or are you streaming (Google, pandora, spotify, etc...)?
The radio powers down, any source its on will do the same behavior - usb, fm, am, pandora, bluetooth. I do have the radio on a switch button (On/off) on the dash.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #17
joedeman19
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
So what's the only thing different when going downhill. Regen braking. Turn it off or maybe you have your max voltage setting too low in the Alltrax software. It should be about 60v.
Regen is off, dont remember what the max voltage is but will check it tonight. thanks
Old 10-05-2018, 08:01 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If Regen caused the voltage to get too high, the Controller would shutdown rather than the Radio, plus the Controller would turn Regen off before a high voltage condition was triggered.

My second question only applied if the Radio did not lose power.

The radio has 2 different power leads, a Red wire used for triggering the Radio ON and a Yellow wire that actually powers the Radio.

Which wire(s) is on the dash switch?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:11 AM   #19
joedeman19
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If Regen caused the voltage to get too high, the Controller would shutdown rather than the Radio, plus the Controller would turn Regen off before a high voltage condition was triggered.

My second question only applied if the Radio did not lose power.

The radio has 2 different power leads, a Red wire used for triggering the Radio ON and a Yellow wire that actually powers the Radio.

Which wire(s) is on the dash switch?
AT work, will check tonight when I get home, thanks.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:04 AM   #20
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Need to connect a DVM to the yellow wire on the back of the head unit. Yellow is the main power supply for the head unit. Check to see if the voltage supply is dropping below 12V while the cart is moving. Most head units will stop working if this is below about 10V.

After you've checked that, do the same for the red wire. The red wire is the "turn on" signal voltage. If this drops below about 6v the head unit will turn off as if the key was turned off. It will turn back on when voltage rises again.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car