lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
8675309jenny
Not Yet Wild

Default FNG here Yamaha G3 Sun Classic 36v couple questions...

Just bought this and trying to iron out the bug. Only one bug.
If I turn on the right blinker it flashes as it should. If I turn on the left blinker both lights come on and the flasher clicks on but never goes back off... so the lights both stay on....
Is the flasher a 2 sided unit or is something wanky in my wiring?

This is quite a cart. Got it for the in-laws and I hope they will use it.

THANKS!
8675309jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2018, 07:14 PM   #2
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default re: FNG here Yamaha G3 Sun Classic 36v couple questions...

Sounds like wrong bulbs on the side that doesn't flash. Something isn't loading the flasher enough to make it flash. Unless it's wired wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default FNG here Yamaha G3 Sun Chaser 36v couple questions...

I love it when someone else mentions a Sun Classic. If it’s an electric G3 it’s a 1987. (like mine) There’s only one flasher for the signals. It should be attached to a yellow plug under the seat and grounded to the 12v negative.

See my project here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...c-rebuild.html

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:42 PM   #4
8675309jenny
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I bought this with the intent of giving it to the outlaws.... so far they are not wanting it very much even though all their friends have carts in their community. I figure if I leave it there they might learn to like it or else I'll have to chalk it up as a bad idea and sell it... Want it all working perfect before I drop it off though.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:33 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Where are you 8675309?

And welcome to BGW!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:23 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You can use standard flashers available at the auto parts store. I honestly can't remember if it's a 550 (3 prong flasher), or a 552 (2 prong flasher). I hope these cheap auto parts store numbers help you, because when the turn signal unit on the steering column has a problem, now you are pretty $crewed. No parts exist from Yamaha, and I'm all out of "good used" ones too. Maybe if I had all the time ever (when I die/retire/get fired.. jokes, been Yamaha long enough to see those parts "run out"), I will take them in for rebuild. Wish I could spend more time on the funny little G3/G5 stuff that doesn't have any support any more. And if it's the "real deal", it's a Sun Classic, not "chaser", the very first PTV carts way before the designation ever officially existed to the DMV/federal guys. Many "golf cart firsts" grounds were broken by those models. Features that existed on no other carts of it's era.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #7
8675309jenny
Not Yet Wild

cgtech--I stand corrected... it is indeed a "Classic". oops. My bad.
Mooncarter- 60012 Crystal Lake IL

Oboy... I hope it is not the lever.... I'm gonna check the bulbs, then replace the flasher and report back. Hoping for the best as the stalk is sending power to the flasher to energize the bulbs--- just not turning back off....

The man I bought it from had a newer radio put in and added a separate 12v battery. It needs to be charged separately from the cart. I saw in another post where there is a step down voltage thingie and was thinking I could tap into that to remove this extra battery. Less complication is better for my inlaws...
Old 11-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

A voltage reducer is a good idea. Also if your lights come on but don’t flash I’d suspect a flasher and not the lever. The lever is actually a pretty simple design, but with a lot of plastic parts.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #9
8675309jenny
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
A voltage reducer is a good idea. Also if your lights come on but don’t flash I’d suspect a flasher and not the lever. The lever is actually a pretty simple design, but with a lot of plastic parts.

The right side flashes-- the left side (both front and back) lights up and the flasher has one click but never makes the second click to shut the lights back off and complete the cycle...
Old 11-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #10
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hmm. That could be hard to diagnose. There’s just one flasher.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha