lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Default 06 club car Alltrax install

I replaced installed a alltrax 500 and a 400 amp solenoid. Im also replacing the stock wire set. I have some questions.

The pink wire in my left hand was on the original solenoid. It should go on the positive side of the solenoid right? It looks like the same olor that runs to my run tow switch. Can I cut it off and put a round terminal on it?
The are also yellow wires that connected to the original with a diode between. Can Those can be disregarded?
I've left the OBC intact. Just curious why the negative cable has to go through it?
And how tight should that stud be that runs through the OBC.
I just want to make sure I get everything right the first time. I'd hate to scree something up by not asking enough questions.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Tireguy7606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2019, 09:08 PM   #2
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Default Re: 06 club car Alltrax install

And does it matter which way the neg cable goes through the OBC? Because I don't think the cables I bought are long enough. I might have to drill a hole through mounting plate if it is directional.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:40 PM   #3
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Slow your role on drilling through the OBC. That matters with respect to charging the cart.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:28 AM   #4
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Not through the OBC but through the mounting plate.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:06 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OBC is directional and right now yours is backwards, maybe you can turn the OBC around and mount it on the same spot if the harness fit.

The stud through the OBC is from "touching" to "loose", you don't need or want to apply pressure on the OBC. The important part is that the cable lugs are firmly tight between the nuts in each side.

If that is a DIY stud, make sure you put electrical tape or a sleeve on the threaded part that goes inside the OBC (prevents the threads from eroding the waterproofing material inside the OBC).

The diode on the Solenoid coil is backwards, the Blue/white wire is the negative activation so the banded side of the diode is towards the solid blue wire.

You need to crimp ring terminals on the extra wires that were "combo crimped" with the stock 6ga cables.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:57 AM   #6
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Thanks for responding. I will turn the diode around. This is the install guide I used for the solenoid. Am I looking at it wrong?

Old 07-16-2019, 07:21 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, You are looking at it wrong.

There is nothing special about any of the Solenoid terminals/posts, what gives the terminal a meaning is the wires you attach to it.

The "banded" side of the diode has to be connected to the same terminal as the "positive" activation wire.

The positive activation wire is the Solid Blue wire and not the Blue/white you currently have.

You can leave the diode as is and swap the Solenoid activation wires around.

Also make sure the big cable lug is in direct contact with the surface of the Solenoid, no washers or other small ring terminals should be underneath the main cable.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:25 AM   #8
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Excellent. I'll swap wires around tonight and post a few pics for final inspection before I set the batteries in.
Thank you for your help.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #9
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

The yellow wires with the old diode in the middle that came off the old solenoid can be removed right? The white and green wires were replaced also so those can be removed. So the only wire I need to keep is the pink wire that goes to hot side of the solenoid correct? That wire looks like it goes to my run/tow switch.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #10
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Getting ready to set the batteries in. Can anyone tell me if anything looks suspect?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car