lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2020, 08:23 PM   #11
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO moving very slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I'd do both.

You can get the ITS senor on-line for about $25 and that in-line connector is a very common source of weird problems.
Roger that. Will try and report back. Thanks for the help.
dreed55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2020, 07:33 AM   #12
coosa
Gone Wild

Mine was acting much like dreed55's cart and I replaced the IPS sensor. That seemed to fix it, but then it went back into that limp mode yesterday, and it wasn't even wet. I turned the controller off and then back on and it went back to working.

This little jewel of information caught my attention:

>>>Many people eliminate the in-line connector with individual solder joints or butt-splices waterproofed with marine grade shrink tubing.<<<<

Johnnie B, can you dumb this down a little, like to an 8th grade level? I don't understand where this connector is, or what it looks like. But I figure I ought to replace it. Thanks!
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:12 AM   #13
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This one where it plugs into the harness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg In-Line connector.jpg (79.3 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:18 AM   #14
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosa View Post
Mine was acting much like dreed55's cart and I replaced the IPS sensor. That seemed to fix it, but then it went back into that limp mode yesterday, and it wasn't even wet. I turned the controller off and then back on and it went back to working.

>>>Many people eliminate the in-line connector with individual solder joints or butt-splices waterproofed with marine grade shrink tubing.<<<<

Johnnie B, can you dumb this down a little, like to an 8th grade level? I don't understand where this connector is, or what it looks like. But I figure I ought to replace it. Thanks!
After you cut the harness it has 4 wires that you splice or solder. I will be doing this today as well when my new throttle sensor comes in.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:27 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Not all EZGO carts have that connector. Series drives and DCS drives have it, but PDS doesn't.

The reason for the connector was to make installing the pedal box easier on the assembly line at the factory. Other than that, it serves no purpose and is the source of many oddball issues after they get wet and corrosion set in.

More correctly, the PDS actually does have a connector at the end of the gray cable that comes out of the pedal box, but the cable was lengthened and the connector plugs directly into the PDS controller (J-4 to be exact) and isn't in an area the routinely gets wet.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:22 PM   #16
coosa
Gone Wild

Thanks for the replies. Mine plugs into a pigtail that comes out of the controller, so it shouldn't have been getting wet. But I do remember that a few years ago my other cart slowed to half speed. I hadn't used it in about a month, so I thought it could be a connection issue. I took all of those pigtails at the controller apart and sprayed every connection with electronic cleaner, put it back together and it worked fine, and has since. I guess I will try that with this cart.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. Mine plugs into a pigtail that comes out of the controller, so it shouldn't have been getting wet. But I do remember that a few years ago my other cart slowed to half speed. I hadn't used it in about a month, so I thought it could be a connection issue. I took all of those pigtails at the controller apart and sprayed every connection with electronic cleaner, put it back together and it worked fine, and has since. I guess I will try that with this cart.
The batteries have acid breath, so every connection under the seat needs to be cleaned every now and then.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:16 PM   #18
daroosta25
Gone Wild

What specific cart are we talking about here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daroosta25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by daroosta25 View Post
What specific cart are we talking about here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It started out about a series drive with an Alltrax SR controller in it and ended up about a PDS drive with an Alltrax DCX (early style sepex controller) in it.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:56 AM   #20
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It started out about a series drive with an Alltrax SR controller in it and ended up about a PDS drive with an Alltrax DCX (early style sepex controller) in it.
Installed the new ITS throttle sensor last night and rewired the connections going to the controller. Cart is back up and running with 100% throttle. Thanks all for the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO