lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
ark125
Not Yet Wild

Default Killed the wiring harness

We have a 2004 ezgo xi875 electric golf cart. We were trying to replace the headlights, and in my attempt to install the switch to turn them on, I disconnected the wires from the ignition without taking pictures, (terrible thing to do on my part), and when we tried a configuration of wires and turned it on, it started smoking. So I am certain I killed the wiring harness.

This is why am here. Should I take this into a shop to get fixed, or is it possible to do the repair myself? And if I can do it myself, can you recommend where to get this wiring harness? I have looked on websites, and can not find anything specific.
ark125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2020, 10:59 PM   #2
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Killed the wiring harness

What started smoking?

If it’s just the harness, 36v Looks to be this one: https://shop.txtsv.com/control-harness-70720g01

48v could be 35526G01 but I can’t tell the difference on the parts manual:

You can find the parts manual here: https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-ca...01%7c%7eG-24/y
GATORB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:05 AM   #3
ark125
Not Yet Wild

Not entirely sure what started smoking. We assume it is the wiring harness because some of the wires do not give of any electrical charge when we use the volt meter.

Thank you for the help with finding the harnesses though.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark125 View Post
Not entirely sure what started smoking. We assume it is the wiring harness because some of the wires do not give of any electrical charge when we use the volt meter.

Thank you for the help with finding the harnesses though.
Do you have the wiring diagram? All the switches are interconnected, so you won’t see voltage on most of them. For example, the F/R outputs the power to the key switch, which then sends it to the accelerator, which sends it to the solenoid.
GATORB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:27 AM   #5
ark125
Not Yet Wild

We do not have the wiring diagram, but will make sure to have it when he install the new wiring harness.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:41 PM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I think he is trying to tell you that replacing the whole harness may not be required if you can find out what was burning...may not have been the wiring harness. Try it again and see if you can figure what's getting hot.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #7
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Look at "Stickies" on this forum, find wiring diagram, make sure you have the ignition wired correctly, then see what isn't working correctly. May not have burned up harness.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO