lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2020, 09:50 AM   #1
CreekLuvr07clubCar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Exclamation 07 Club Car front end question & looking for replacement accessories

Ok so after riding around in my cart I’ve noticed some little issues with the front end.
The steering is all over the place and loose. I also hear a slight shake/rattle out of the front end and steering is definitely Squirrley!
When drivers side wheel is straight the passenger is leaned out and not straight at all.
It has a jakes lift which was added by former owner with larger tires.I have no idea what size lift it is but from the ground to the top of the roof it’s about 6ft tall.
Need help I’m afraid it’s going to start eating my tires. I’m not ready to replace tires yet as I want to fix some other issues like the steering, getting a complete windshield and replacing dash parts that have been chewed by a mischevious puppy. See pics for more.
Any help information is appreciatied.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CFBB9497-F6BF-48B7-BCFB-DF5493A862F3.jpg (200.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F1C3FCAB-5B62-4D41-A498-CDAF5A0BF693.jpg (219.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (173.0 KB, 0 views)
CreekLuvr07clubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 07 Club Car front end question & looking for replacement accessories

Welcome to a Jakes Spindle Lift I have been working on one this evening, the noise you are hearing and the slop in the steering is because the bushings are worn out and it is throwing the geometry completely off and will not stabilize as you drive. This prevents proper Toe-In, Camber, stabilized steering and then it clanks and squeaks as you go along.

Jack the front end off the found and then go grab each wheel and push in and out on the top and bottom off the wheel and you will see all the travel in the pivot points.

I will not rebush this one, but will replace it with a 3" Double A-Arm lift.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:28 PM   #3
CreekLuvr07clubCar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 07 Club Car front end question & looking for replacement accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Welcome to a Jakes Spindle Lift I have been working on one this evening, the noise you are hearing and the slop in the steering is because the bushings are worn out and it is throwing the geometry completely off and will not stabilize as you drive. This prevents proper Toe-In, Camber, stabilized steering and then it clanks and squeaks as you go along.

Jack the front end off the found and then go grab each wheel and push in and out on the top and bottom off the wheel and you will see all the travel in the pivot points.

I will not rebush this one, but will replace it with a 3" Double A-Arm lift.
do you mean that you do not recommend putting new bushings in this one?
Old 11-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

HECK NO! Lol!! (I could build a lift from scratch and a faster time)
Old 11-06-2020, 03:41 PM   #5
CreekLuvr07clubCar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
HECK NO! Lol!! (I could build a lift from scratch and a faster time)
Ok so you think it’s just a 3 inch lift?
What 3" Double A-Arm lift kit should I look into?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7432BDA8-BA72-4F32-AF40-6D6986926EDB.jpg (178.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by CreekLuvr07clubCar; 11-06-2020 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: To add picture of rear lift
Old 11-06-2020, 11:38 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

They only make a 3" and 6" spindle lift. I do not believe you are near 6" there.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...-for-precedent
Old 11-12-2020, 09:38 PM   #7
CreekLuvr07clubCar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
They only make a 3" and 6" spindle lift. I do not believe you are near 6" there.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...-for-precedent
The cart has A 6 as everyone says a 3inch won’t fit the 22x9.50-12 tires that are currently on it I have ordered and SGC 6” lift i will install next week
Old 11-13-2020, 12:43 AM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Good deal....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car