lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2020, 08:30 AM   #31
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Precedent Very Very Strange Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The Solenoid is another component that can cause the cart to run at 50% power (limp mode) if the contacts are getting stuck (welded) and not releasing completely when powered off.
Yesterday I was able to hook up a Curtis Programmer to the cart to pull any trouble codes. When the lights are on and the cart is put into either F or R and the gas petal is pressed this code pops up. If I turn the lights off put the cart in N, then back to F or R the code clears itself.

Wayne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 33E1644F-3E0F-4F7E-9A55-4A6FD9D6B9AB.jpg (76.0 KB, 0 views)
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2020, 09:52 AM   #32
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That happens when the voltage on Controller B+ terminal is too close to pack voltage when the Controller thinks the Solenoid is OFF.

Since it only happens when the lights are ON, there must be something in that circuit causing the issue.

On a Sepex cart, the controller provides the negative on the blue/white wire on the solenoid small terminal and it is unlikely that you connected anything to that terminal to keep the Solenoid engaged when the Controller removes the negative from that wire.

The other possibility is that there is something else connected to the Solenoid big post on the Controller B+ side causing the voltage to be higher than it should.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:59 PM   #33
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That happens when the voltage on Controller B+ terminal is too close to pack voltage when the Controller thinks the Solenoid is OFF.

Since it only happens when the lights are ON, there must be something in that circuit causing the issue.

On a Sepex cart, the controller provides the negative on the blue/white wire on the solenoid small terminal and it is unlikely that you connected anything to that terminal to keep the Solenoid engaged when the Controller removes the negative from that wire.

The other possibility is that there is something else connected to the Solenoid big post on the Controller B+ side causing the voltage to be higher than it should.
The light kit harness is only attaches to the cart in 2 spots which is at the positive of the battery and negative wire with the yellow bullet connector near the OBC.

As for another wire being attached to the B+ side of the solenoid, i cant recall if there was one when i upgraded my cables but ill look this evening and confirm.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #34
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Last night I checked and the only other thing attached to the B- side of the solenoid was the diode/resistor. I contacted the dealer I purchased the cart from and sent them the picture of the trouble code. They replied that the code I have indicates the solenoid being bad and will be sending me a new solenoid. I don't understand how the solenoid can be acting up only when the lights are on but who knows.

Since im going out of town today and im sure my wife and son will want to go on rides while im gone, I temporarily installed the voltage reducer. Went for a couple mile ride last night with the lights on, now hooked up to the reducer and the cart worked flawlessly.

Wayne
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car