lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2020, 06:35 PM   #1
christopher43
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 84 club car da or 95ezgo medalist

Recently acquired a 1984 club car ds and a 95 ezgo medalist, both 36v. The club is a resistor cart, the ezgo is not in as good shape as the club - but not too bad. both carts need batteries. Any suggestions which one to keep? Leaning towards the ezgo because of the newer technology.
christopher43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: 84 club car da or 95ezgo medalist

You really have to figure out what your goals are and see which cart gets you there. I assume that the '84 was cheaper than the EZGO? It should have been pretty inexpensive. What's the condition of the frame? The suspension? Body? Seats?

If you got the CC for cheap, you get a blank canvas. Upgrade to 48v and go wild. The only limiting factor is your credit card.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:52 AM   #3
christopher43
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

As of now I知 just wanting to install batteries and have the best cart, I have a Ford think cart that does 25mph. The club cart has a aluminum frame and older resistor motor, the ezgo has a steel frame and newer style electronics. Club car to me looks better quality, anyone owned both? Which did you like the best?
Old 11-15-2020, 11:13 AM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have an old ('86) Club Car DS and a buddy of mine has an EZ-GO. We have found that stuff for my cart is easier to find and better supported than his is (in fairness, his is a gasser). It is my understanding that the DS platform had a 30 year run and many consider it the best cart made.

I lucked out with my DS and have never had any regrets; good luck with your decision!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:31 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I don't know what your goal is, but if you want to ride I would go with the Club Car.

Assuming the motor is good, you can replace everything under the seat for about $200. and you probably won't have to do that.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:33 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Yes I own both.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:44 PM   #7
christopher43
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I知 a novice here, so the resistor type motor isn稚 that big a deal on the older club? I知 just looking for the best quality cart
Old 11-15-2020, 10:17 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher43 View Post
I知 a novice here, so the resistor type motor isn稚 that big a deal on the older club? I知 just looking for the best quality cart
There is no "resistor motor." The resistor setup is the drive system. It uses resistor coils and a series of solenoids, or a device known as a "v glide" to control speed.

The more modern carts use a solid state controller to achieve the same thing. They are a bit more efficient when being driven slowly.

In my opinion, the Club Car will be running long after the ez go has rusted away.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car