lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2020, 11:18 AM   #1
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 12v VS 48v lithium battery pack

So I have a quick question about lithium batteries for my 48v club car. So I’m looking into doing the swap here soon. Just trying to figure out what’s the best setup for me.

The main question is, what is the difference between (4) 12v VS (1) 48v? I understand the Ah yes how much use/distance you get out of it, just not sure about the voltage. I see that allied sells a kit (2) 48v 30ah that would be a total of 72v now this is where I get confused, now would this be ok to put in a “48v cart” then I see some packs that are (2) 24v 30ah...what would be the best setup to go with? I do see some batteries on eBay that are just (1) 48v 100ah which would be ideal that would just make it easier for wiring.

I’m fairly new to electric golf carts as of just a few months ago and I have been really educating my self on these things. I did just wrap up my cart on what I wanted to do to it, but now I feel like this would be the last thing that I need to do to top this bad boy off.

A little about my cart....
03 factory CA street legal cc pathway
BLUETOOTH stereo
Navitas 440a ac conversion kit
12” STI HD WHEELS
18” fusion gtr tires
Led light kit
Rear seat kit
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 12v VS 48v lithium battery pack

Your question is more in relative terms. What you are wanting to get out of it and for how much (or long).

The 2 48v 30ah batteries you would want to hook up in parallel (not series) so you would still have 48v, but 60 ah capacity.

The 100ah pack you see on ebay are most likely Volt packs or Leafs that are already together and in a box for installation.

If you look at the lithium section at the top of this forum, you can read what many of us have done in regards to lithium packs.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:19 PM   #3
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: 12v VS 48v lithium battery pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Your question is more in relative terms. What you are wanting to get out of it and for how much (or long).

The 2 48v 30ah batteries you would want to hook up in parallel (not series) so you would still have 48v, but 60 ah capacity.

The 100ah pack you see on ebay are most likely Volt packs or Leafs that are already together and in a box for installation.

If you look at the lithium section at the top of this forum, you can read what many of us have done in regards to lithium packs.

Thank you for the reply! Ok yeah I’ll check that out.
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car