lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2021, 11:01 AM   #11
Brian81CJ
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Summit charger on non-OBC cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The blink light may be the controller indicating that it has not sensed a charger connected for a long time.

While it is not a problem if the pack voltage is normal, You may be able to solve that problem and provide controller charging lockout at the same time.

You did not say what Summit II model you got, but if it is the 650W model, just disconnect the bullet connector from the charger receptacle blue wire and connect the harness side of the blue wire to the Summit II blue wire.

That blue wire from the summit II should be connected to the "lockout" terminal inside the charger.
Yes, I do have the 650W Summit. The lockout was going to be my next project and will do what you suggested hopefully this afternoon! I will post back and let you know if that takes care of the light issue.
Thank you so much for your help! Your participation in this forum is incredible and like many others can’t thank you enough for all your knowledge you share!!!
Brian81CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2021, 01:41 PM   #12
Brian81CJ
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
When the yellow light comes on, I would check pack voltage with a volt meter. How old are your batteries and what's the voltage after charging and sitting for 12 hours or so?
So the light has gone off now after almost a week of blinking... I have no idea why, I haven't done anything to is since...
I charged the cart completely and tested the voltage and it's at 57 volts. Unplugged the charger and let it sit overnight at least 12 hours and the voltage had dropped to 51.7 volts and 73% state of charge per my app. for the charger. overnight temps were maybe mid 40's in FL last night.
Tested each battery and got the following: 8.60, 8.62, 8.66, 8.53, 8.59 and 8.61.
Is it normal for it to drop that much?

Batteries are dated Apr 2019

Thank you!
Brian81CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 05:37 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

51.7 is a little over 100% charged. Not 73%. Run the cart a few minutes and check it again.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car