lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2021, 04:02 PM   #11
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Default Re: No go ..... nothing

I don't see anything labeled J1 or B-. Where should they be? Is the big cables on motor or small wires?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2021, 04:33 PM   #12
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Ok, did search and found diagram. If right, it appears J1 is small red wire in top center/right of controller. B- is large cable in bottom right of controller. Is so, showing .5V

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2021, 08:15 PM   #13
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
It does require power to light up. Is there 36 or 48v (+) at the J1 red wire? and a good connection at controller B-?
You should be able to test the voltage between these 2 points.
You do have a volt meter ?
Ok, did search and found diagram. If right, it appears J1 is small red wire in top center/right of controller. B- is large cable in bottom right of controller. Is so, showing .5V
Old 02-09-2021, 09:22 PM   #14
BigOL3
Gone Wild

ScottyB, you PM box is full.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:33 PM   #15
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Hey Scotty, or anyone else ....... as noted above, the reading between J1 and B- was only .5V. Any thought on what that means or if it narrows the problem down to the controller .... or any other component ?????
Old 02-11-2021, 11:57 AM   #16
BigOL3
Gone Wild

ScottyB, IIRC you said if I posted here you would be able to give me help to find the problem with the components I bought from you. It has been 2 days since you last replied to my post. Is there any answer available without having a laptop connected?? Without a laptop is my only option taking it to a dealer somewhere? I don't expect miracles, but would appreciate a reply.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:49 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The controller is out of warranty. I am being as helpful as I can be. Sorry you had to wait for a reply. Hopefully some of the other daily contributors here will volunteer to help some as well.

You said you waited 4 months to tell me you had a problem. Now we have to reply without delay. lol. Please exercise some patience.

If I read that correctly there is just 0.5v measured between the Controller B- and the J1 red when you try to go ?
If yes - that is a cart problem. The red wire should have 36 or 48 volts (+) present when you try to go. Back trace the red wire and see where the power stops.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:52 PM   #18
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The controller is out of warranty. I am being as helpful as I can be. Sorry you had to wait for a reply. Hopefully some of the other daily contributors here will volunteer to help some as well.

You said you waited 4 months to tell me you had a problem. Now we have to reply without delay. lol. Please exercise some patience.

If I read that correctly there is just 0.5v measured between the Controller B- and the J1 red when you try to go ?
If yes - that is a cart problem. The red wire should have 36 or 48 volts (+) present when you try to go. Back trace the red wire and see where the power stops.
I waited until deer season was over before checking the problem with cart, since I had no idea the warranty was still in effect when the cart stopped back in Oct '20. Since I had noticed where you have made other comments to other post in the past 2 days, my rational thought was you had mistakenly over looked this thread.

Not a matter of not having any patience, but rather deer season is over but turkey season is just around the corner. This is the short period when my mind is on the cart, before getting bogged down on other things. I assumed although the warranty is now expired, you as the beneficiary of all the HD components I bought, I might get a little more help. Although I appreciate any help from any and all, I only 'expected' such help from the fella that sold the items.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:57 PM   #19
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Like Scotty said, you need to figure out why you don't have power on the red KSI wire. Things to check are, key switch, forward and reverse micro switches, pedal switch, depending on what cart you have. Find the wiring diagram in the sticky section for your particular cart and trace that circuit back till you find where the voltage is lost at.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:21 PM   #20
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOL3 View Post
I waited until deer season was over before checking the problem with cart, since I had no idea the warranty was still in effect when the cart stopped back in Oct '20. Since I had noticed where you have made other comments to other post in the past 2 days, my rational thought was you had mistakenly over looked this thread.

Not a matter of not having any patience, but rather deer season is over but turkey season is just around the corner. This is the short period when my mind is on the cart, before getting bogged down on other things. I assumed although the warranty is now expired, you as the beneficiary of all the HD components I bought, I might get a little more help. Although I appreciate any help from any and all, I only 'expected' such help from the fella that sold the items.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car