lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2021, 11:19 PM   #11
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What material is TXT body made of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I watched 100 bodies, cowls and tops get thrown in a dumpster a couple years ago.. He was needing room. Brand new 2014+ body and cowl are around $500 here. Used already painted around $350
I was told by a dealer last year these 2014 would fit the older models with maybe a little tweaking ?
I know the tops will fit with a little bending of struts
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2021, 08:06 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I put a 14+ cowl on my 12 with no mods. Lower shock cover is different but works. Rear body is different but goes on easy. Accessories are different though
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:57 AM   #13
InfiniteReality
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy1949 View Post
If your close to East Tx I got one I'd give you to get it gone. Needs paint but good.
Shot you a private message the other night, but you may not haven't seen it yet. If you'd still like it gone, I'm free this weekend to come grab it if you have time. Or welcome to message back or shoot me an email. It's my username here @ gmail.com. thanks again!
InfiniteReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:06 AM   #14
LucasCali
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If replacement doesn’t work: I’ve patched a TXT Body that cracked & had holes in it with “Flex Glue” White.

The two cracks I used a metal backer to support the Cracks on both sides of the rear battery box opening (when previous owner moved the Rubber Seat support which caused the the battery box Flange to flex & crack), the seat flexed too much. The backer extended the metal sub-structure below to support the occupants weight.

The hole was at the lower Sill Plate. I used what I could find of the broken piece & filled the void to extend out further than the Body surface. I used a Sharp Exacto knife & single edge razor blade to get just above the body surface. It’s easy to shave it almost flush with the body surface. After fully dry Flex Glue can be sanded (started with 80 grit for rough then worked down to 240 wet&dry then primer & final sand with 600 wet&dry) ready for Final Paint and Polish.

Hope you get the body, but just in case you don’t

Lucas
LucasCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:13 PM   #15
InfiniteReality
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Lucas! Ive tried the dealership an hour away but can't get an answer if they'll sell me a body in their grave yard. Haven't heard back from the other forum member either. You have funny timing, I'm fixing to walk to the shop and see what I can do with this plastic welder. Hopefully I can get it close welding, but if need to fill it sounds like the Flex Glue may be a better filler than bondo if it's a larger/deeper area. Ill share pics, good or bad one.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:50 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Shame that you aren’t closer. Txt bodies are all over the place here. I have 2 freshly painted sets in my garage right now waiting on my next build. You post anything on FB or cl?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:21 AM   #17
InfiniteReality
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

With the lack of not finding a body close by, started thinking... I inherited this cart from my grandparents so for me it would be worth the effort to fix and keep the original body. With that, went ahead and finally took a stab at welded stuff up. For anyone wanting to plastic weld a TXT body, Polypropylene rods worked great. Super strong welds and never have to worry about it ever failing after paint. Was more forgiving welding plastic than metal, lol.

Now onto seeing if I need to take all of the gelcoat type of coating off the entire body or if I can just as a skim layer of bondo to areas where I had to go through it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210313_181211303.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210313_181220141.jpg (138.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO